USPS Postage Increases January 21, 2018

Can’t deal with the cheap ebay buyers refusing to pay the shipping. So disappointed.

as a buyer I don't like to pay for shipping when I buy something expensive, and I don't consider myself "cheap buyer".
if an item costs $200+, I think free shipping is appropriate, but it's my personal opinion.
I get why you (@fashion_victim9 ) like and offer free shipping. But my point was to show shipping can get pricey and unlike you, I don't sell luxe items at luxe prices and offering free shipping on the items I sell would kill me. I also offer b.o. on my listings so if buyers make offers that are reasonable enough to cover shipping, they end up getting a lower price plus shipping anyway.

We each do what works for us.

I use the padded flat rate envelope for many of my items...went from $6.30 to $6.90! I get a bit more of a discount due to being TRS, it would be $7.10 if I wasn't. That's a pretty big jump in price and buyers can be so dang cheap as it is :annoyed:

I use the padded flat rate envelope for many of my items...went from $6.30 to $6.90! I get a bit more of a discount due to being TRS, it would be $7.10 if I wasn't. That's a pretty big jump in price and buyers can be so dang cheap as it is :annoyed:

That is what I had to pay on the item I sold before the increase. :sad:
I offer free shipping on lightweight items. I am rethinking that as I insure some of the pricier items. Debating whether to bump up the item price or add a few dollars shipping. :hrmm:

Reactions: whateve
That is what I had to pay on the item I sold before the increase. :sad:
I offer free shipping on lightweight items. I am rethinking that as I insure some of the pricier items. Debating whether to bump up the item price or add a few dollars shipping. :hrmm:

Personally, I utilize "free shipping" for a number of reasons, so I'm just adding a buck or two to most of my listings.

What's scary is the jump in rates every year...makes me wonder at what point will online sales still be profitable with the way shipping prices are skyrocketing.

Reactions: whateve