Usps Mixup??

Chloe_Gr

Dec 2, 2011
First of all i want to apologize if im posting this in the wrong place but i could really need someones help.
About a week ago i purchased from a seller a chanel jumbo purse, i paid her through paypal and on thursday she provided me with the tracking number.
She shipped via usps priority international to Europe and insured the package for the whole price of the purse.

Everything was fine up until 2 days ago that i checked on the Usps tracking and found this:

Acceptance June 28, 2012, 2:58 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received June 28, 2012
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility June 28, 2012, 11:20 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility June 29, 2012
Processed through USPS Sort Facility June 30, 2012, 6:13 am
Return to Sender July 02, 2012, 1:36 pm

I have wiped out the cities but basically through this whole time its left Philadelphia on the 28th, and arrived in Chicago on the 30th.
I have double checked the address with the sender and she has also checked her copy of the label and all the information is correct.
So basically before even leaving Chicago for international dispatch it is being returned to her.
She spoke to usps but the lady told her, that she will have to wait for the package to arrive to her in order for her to see what the problem was.
What worries me the most, is the she said returned items are sent with "ground" not airmail and can take several weeks to arrive.
Has this ever happened to anyone?? Please give me some advice!!

This happened to me as a seller. The bag returned to me because the insurance amount was over the limit. I forgot the exact amount. I got the returned bag relatively quick and re-shipped it with lower insurance. It was really a hassle although it reached the buyer at the end. The USPS should not have accepted the package at the first place. That's my experience.

Thank you sl much ladies for your replies!
That's so weird though because I had purchased another purse from the same seller in January and had no problems! It actually arrived within 7 business day. That also was insured for 2.600$.
I'm just worried because the status has not changed since the 2nd. I'm aware that today is a holiday but shouldn't there been a change to the status rather than just Return to Sender?
The amount this bag was insured for was 3800$.

First of all i want to apologize if im posting this in the wrong place but i could really need someones help.
About a week ago i purchased from a seller a chanel jumbo purse, i paid her through paypal and on thursday she provided me with the tracking number.
She shipped via usps priority international to Europe and insured the package for the whole price of the purse.

Everything was fine up until 2 days ago that i checked on the Usps tracking and found this:

Acceptance June 28, 2012, 2:58 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received June 28, 2012
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility June 28, 2012, 11:20 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility June 29, 2012
Processed through USPS Sort Facility June 30, 2012, 6:13 am
Return to Sender July 02, 2012, 1:36 pm

I have wiped out the cities but basically through this whole time its left Philadelphia on the 28th, and arrived in Chicago on the 30th.
I have double checked the address with the sender and she has also checked her copy of the label and all the information is correct.
So basically before even leaving Chicago for international dispatch it is being returned to her.
She spoke to usps but the lady told her, that she will have to wait for the package to arrive to her in order for her to see what the problem was.
What worries me the most, is the she said returned items are sent with "ground" not airmail and can take several weeks to arrive.
Has this ever happened to anyone?? Please give me some advice!!

I heard of that. It's a customs thing. The seller had to declare all items over $2500 through a special site. There is a special number that is issued once it's done.

Good luck.

Thank you again for all your replies, one last question( since I can't call USPS from Europe) will I able to see the tracking on the way back to her?
Because she said it priority does not get sent back airmail but ground and can take weeks..
I'm just worried if all this exceeds 40 days that Im covered by PayPal

No you won't and neither will she. I'm sure the seller will inform you when she gets it and is ready to send back to you, and give you that tracking. It really shouldn't take that long, even regular post to go from Chicago to Philly. Paypal is 45 days. Just be aware of your timeline and if it looks like it's getting close, and you have not received it you can file your case.