USPS International Priority is driving me crazy :(

1. Hi everyone,

I purchased a Mulberry bag on Ebay from a reliable seller in August. The seller sent it on August 16th from Colorado to France and I was then hoping it wouldn't take more than 2 or 3 weeks to arrive. Well, it's been almost two months and the bag still hasn't arrived. I know that it sometimes takes time in customs but the thing is that USPS online tracking stopped on August 24th ("parcel arrived at Sort Facility" in San Francisco) We're now October 10th and nothing has been updated. The seller has been really helpful and has contacted USPS numerous times to ask what was going on but they said the bag was "probably stuck in French customs" but they agreed that it was strange that the package hadn't been scanned when entering customs and that quite a long time had passed already.
    We also contacted French customs but they weren't really helpful and basically told us that when a package is held in French customs they contact USPS to let them know so that the tracking could be updated and that only USPS could give us any information on where the package is as they don't keep track of packages.
    I'm loosing hope of ever seeing my bag to be honest. I apparently have 180 days to file a claim with USPS for lost item and get (some) of my money back. Do you think it's worth waiting a little more? Anyone else experienced a similar situation?

Thank you so much!

Additional information: the package was wrapped as a gift.

2. Thank you! I hesitated between this forum and the Ebay one! Hopefully the mods will move it:smile:

3. Are you outside the 45-day window for eBay claims? If you still have the time, i would open an eBay INR claim. It's not the seller's fault, but you need to protect your interests.

4. Well I found the bag on Ebay but made the purchase outside Ebay via Paypal. The seller is lovely (she's a TPF member and a very well-known seller) and I would really feel bad to open a claim on Paypal, especially since the package was insured (not the total price but a good part of it) I really hope the package is going to turn up somehow but I don't really believe anymore as no one seems to know where it is.