USPS help

I only paid $54 for it so not super expensive. Of course, now I have to hunt for an awesome deal if I still want to get my friend a purse for her birthday because in the end whatever I get her will cost me whatever + $54.

you should file a paypal claim and maybe if the seller file a claim with sups it would help you win the claim with paypal so you could get your money back ?

and yes you can ring at every door in your neighborhood too ! good luck OP !

Well I can now officially say that I have checked with every single neighbor in a 2 block radius and none of them have my package. Th post office also says that they have no reason to investigate since there is no insurance claim. This is so frustrating!

it is 'only' $50 this time...........perhaps you should tell your sellers you have to insure everything and offer to pay the extra

i don't let things slide any more and refuse to reward bad behavior. :P

I wouldn't care if it was $5.00... a substitute mailman delivered your package
to the wrong address...its not always about the money involved its about the
principle... the mailman delivered a package to the wrong address..so that's it
there is something wrong with that scenario for sure...

Well I can now officially say that I have checked with every single neighbor in a 2 block radius and none of them have my package. Th post office also says that they have no reason to investigate since there is no insurance claim. This is so frustrating!

I would go over your local po's head and file a complaint against the carrier. I had to do it once and it got results.
I had it happen too and for 9 months, made dozens of phone calls, many emails, several letters (including the inspector general), filed claims for the loss and got NOWHERE.

(In my case, the package had s.c. and tracking showed "attempted delivery, notice left." The addressee never received a notice and the package disappeared.)

Even though it's post office negligence, if there's no insurance, they don't give a sh*t!

good money was paid for postage and dc to have the the package delivered to the addressee.
i would still report it, if only to have a documented record. who knows how frequently it is happening with that lackadaisical attitude

OP, I would also file a complaint with the PO. It was a substitute carrier so tell your husband maybe your regular carrier won't be upset :smile: Seriously though - the loss should go on file. For all we know that substitute carrier is secretly pinching packages all over town and no one's recording the trend.

For all we know that substitute carrier is secretly pinching packages all over town and no one's recording the trend.

It's happened before.

I had a package I sent last week, express mail, get sent back. Originally they told her the address label was illegible. The official version in the system says there was no signer available to receive the package.

Meanwhile my buyer was there waiting. She's on the east coast, recent rain had made it impossible to trim her grass, it was quite long, and the PO told her they wouldn't deliver until it was cut. :wacko: She filed a complaint and delivery started again, meanwhile her package is back here, somewhere.

My local people can't find it yet.

My husband is nervous about me doing that. He says we still have to live here with the same mailman and he doesn't know if it's worth ticking him off over $50! :smile:

Have you tried just talking to him about it? Tell him why you bought it for your friend, etc. the human touch.

I think your husband may have a point, not that your postman's scary, but he is delivering your mail and someone you want on your side in the future, imo.

just my .02, but i don't think you should have to pussyfoot around or have an 'in' with the mailman in order to get your mail delivered correctly :wondering

It's not so much that he's scared of the mailman but he knows that people can be vindictive. The substitute is our regular substitute. He delivers our mail one day a week and I have spoken personally with him. He first said that he remembers sitting it on our porch then waffled and said it may have been left with the another package two houses down. I have a creepy neighbor that watches everything and he claims that the mailman delivered a package to the house immediately beside me and the house two down but nothing to mine so I feel like the mailman absolutely did deliver it to the wrong house. The house two houses down is on a corner and gets a lot of traffic so I figure it either got stolen from their porch or they opened the package and liked it!

I have spoken to the route supervisor. She says all the nice apologetic things then ends with the fact that they cannot launch an investigation if the package is not insured. So even if I decided to continue to complain I really don't see where it would do any good. The mailman's direct supervisor knows that he likely made a mistake and delivered the package to the wrong place and I did have her give instructions to both of the mailmen that in the future if I am not home, they should leave any packages with my elderly neighbor or take them back to the PO for me to pick up.

I found another purse for my friend on eBay last night so please keep your fingers crossed that there's no problems with this one! Thank you guys for all of your good advice and commiseration.