USPS getting slower...?

I haven't noticed a slowdown except on one or two of my packages. When I mail, they usually leave my city and go to the closest distribution center overnight. One or two of my packages recently took two days to make that little journey though. The rest was smooth sailing.

Hope it picks up soon!

In my opinion USPS priority is a joke.I use to fork out the extra cost then have my packages take as long as 10 days to arrive.I've had better luck shipping parcel post ground,the last item I shipped from VA was delivered to my buyer in CA within 5 days.

Yes, I've noticed! I send all my packages Priority Mail and what normally takes 2 days is 3 to 4 days now. I sent a package to Canada that usually takes 9 days Priority Mail but took almost 3 weeks. Started happening in September.

I THINK the US postal service scaled down to 5 day delivery. Their website says they plan to begin Mon-Fri delivery only starting fiscal year 2011. Fiscal year began Oct 1st. Sucks really bad because my tracked item said Delivered on Saturday the 17th. I drove 20 minutes to my job where I had it delivered and there was NO mail in the box at all. I then found this online. I PRAY my bag is still on a truck and not stolen!!

http://www.usps.com/communications/five-daydelivery/

I THINK the US postal service scaled down to 5 day delivery. Their website says they plan to begin Mon-Fri delivery only starting fiscal year 2011. Fiscal year began Oct 1st. Sucks really bad because my tracked item said Delivered on Saturday the 17th. I drove 20 minutes to my job where I had it delivered and there was NO mail in the box at all. I then found this online. I PRAY my bag is still on a truck and not stolen!!

http://www.usps.com/communications/five-daydelivery/

No, they haven't gone to 5 day yet, though they'd like to get that approved becuase they are so much in the red.

The past few items I've sent to Canada have made it in 6 days, priority.

Linda

i ship out many packages a week through USPS for my online business and haven't had any problems or slow downs. I actually prefer USPS rather than UPS or FedEX for low cost goods because they're faster and cheaper anywhere in the US for 1 lb packages or less. I was surprised they would even get to NY from TX in 3 days for First Class

I have definitely noticed a slow down. It has been taking 4-5 days instead of the usual 2-3 for me. I have been having better luck shipping east coast to west coast in less time, than just a few states over. I have also noticed I am not getting tracking updates, just a delivered notice when it does finally make it there. I do love the USPS, and have been very fortunate. I also do most of it online, and rarely need to wait in line for anything. But, I do wish we could go back to the way it was!

My very small package first class from CA to FL- I shipped it on 10-13, it's 10-18 and out for delivery. Typically First class takes 2-3 days for me so it is definitely taking longer..

I am not sure whether this is usps fault but I had a bidding ended on the 16 sept, I send the item out on the 18, and item went outbound on the 20 th. Until today it has not reach my buyer. It has been 'preparing' shipment out for a bit.
That said at the same time I sent out to another buyer staying in us too. And she recieves hers last two week. What's up with that.

I really hope the buyer don't think it is my fault that the shipment is late (I literally sent it out the as earliest as the listing ended arch)