USPS fail........

Maybe just shelf it for a week and see how you feel about it then? I know you were really upset but, at the end of the day, all you know about is one mistake (I’m still questioning why that family opened a box not addressed to them and containing a wallet when they were waiting for sporting equipment). But, at the end of the day, that’s all it was, a mistake. I’d hate to think I’d lose my job over one mistake.

Also, you don’t really know it was her that made it. Maybe the delivery barcode fell off the sports equipment and got stuck to your package or was wrongly put on your package at the facility and that’s what the screw up was? That would explain why they got your package and theirs is MIA. It’s likely at a facility somewhere.

Anyway. Seems like bad karma to me to wish someone be fired.

I no longer trust the USPS. We had a carrier arrested for stealing gift cards, credit cards and goods from the post office. His house was loaded with stolen goods that he was reselling! I’ve had 2 instances where my mom sent gift cards and they never arrived. If you go to our PO, the workers look very put out by having to actually help you, the customer. I now have expensive items sent to my job (in another town, another PO).

Reactions: carlpsmom
(I’m still questioning why that family opened a box not addressed to them and containing a wallet when they were waiting for sporting equipment). But, at the end of the day, that’s all it was, a mistake. I’d hate to think I’d lose my job over one mistake.
I didn't get the impression that the other people opened it. I inferred that they received a package addressed to someone else and delivered it to the correct addressee.

And so far, it's not "one mistake." It appears to be at least 2 mistakes, the OP's package as well as the family who is expecting sports equipment.

And according to the OP, other neighbors in the area also allegedly had lost items or received items that weren't intended for them.
Maybe the delivery barcode fell off the sports equipment and got stuck to your package or was wrongly put on your package at the facility and that’s what the screw up was?
That makes no sense. If the tracking number fell of the sports equipment and got stuck to the OP's package, the OP's tracking number wouldn't show delivery.

I didn’t say the tracking number, i said the delivery barcode. The barcode that corresponds to the delivery address so the driver knows which box to take off the truck at that particular address.

And in reply #32 she said the box came open. My point about the mistakes is, she only knows, factually, about her own and who can say who is at fault? Maybe it’s the carrier. Maybe it’s in the facility. Maybe it’s nefarious or maybe it’s a training issue. Hopefully the carrier takes it seriously and figures out what the problem is and fixes it accordingly but the result doesn’t necessarily mean some has to lose their job in my mind.

Anyway OP, I’m glad your mom got her wallet and she loves it and it is better than advertised. It’s always awesome to run into a great seller.

Last edited:
I have no idea how USPS will handle this, they may do nothing at all. They may not care. They might just talk to her and tell her to be more careful next time. I don't know how it all works.

My box was in fact opened but everything was inside. The seller gave the dustbag and wrapped it nicely in bubble wrapping. It was still trapped in the bubble wrap and in proper dustbag when I finally received it. I'm not sure who opened it, it could've been the post office or the family looking for the sports equipment. I didn't ask because I was just happy to get the wallet.

Hopefully this family had insurance on their purchase though. I doubt it'll show up here. I know they are upset and wish to locate it but I don't think I'll be able to help them.

Reactions: Bratty1919
I don't ever pay attention when I open my boxes so I can totally see that someone opened by accident. It's understandable. I didn't ask them about it because I didn't mind it since everything was inside the box anyway.

Reactions: caannie
A lot of times people open boxes before looking at the address label. I mean, we all look at the return address to see if it's Amazon or whatever, but you only look at the recipient address if it's not something you were expecting. They probably opened it first and realized it wasn't theirs after.
I must say that I am guilty of this. I never look at the address because I assume it's addressed to me as it was delivered to my address!

I must say that I am guilty of this. I never look at the address because I assume it's addressed to me as it was delivered to my address!
I could totally see myself doing this. I rarely look at the name but now I'm sure I'll do it now that I know about all these mix-ups. I would return anything that wasn't meant for me, I wouldn't keep it. I'm sure most , if not all, of us here would return it because we're aware of the drama that comes along with missing mail. Lol

I got the call from the manager at 8am on the nose! She said that the carrier in question has been reassigned to the mailroom and will no longer be delivering mail. She said that there were numerous complaints so they felt it was best to reassign the carrier while they investigate the claims.
I told her about the neighbors with the missing cards and the family with the missing sports equipment. She said " we are well aware of the ongoing issues on your route. because this is a vast route, we understand that mistakes can be made so we are doing our best to investigate each complaint separately and thoroughly."

It looks like she already knew about all the other people that are upset too. At least they did something about the problem and are looking into it. I almost thought they would do nothing and not care. I'm not going to bother sending the letter now that they've already took action.

Each day, the give the carrier assigned a route, a sheet for each missing package. The carrier has to investigate each one. I saw my guy up the street stopping to check on my package and told him I got mine. He hadn’t been told it was canceled yet. He had to do a slip for each one the sub screwed up.

Each day, the give the carrier assigned a route, a sheet for each missing package. The carrier has to investigate each one. I saw my guy up the street stopping to check on my package and told him I got mine. He hadn’t been told it was canceled yet. He had to do a slip for each one the sub screwed up.
I didn't know this. At least it looks like they do try to find the missing boxes.

Question -

My Mom sees something else from the same seller that she wants. I tried talking her out of it but she wants it.
I am embarrassed to order from this seller again after what happened. I try to be a good buyer/ seller and read the threads here to understand what not to do and what is acceptable.
The seller was wonderful to my Mom and her items are legit and nice ( used) . Should I not order from her again because she's likely angry about the post office issue and may think it'll happen again? Should I place the order and write a note saying they removed that carrier from my route so we don't anticipate any issues? Should I place the order and say nothing and see what happens?
I try to be a good buyer and seller on those types of platforms, I'm not picking and expect flaws when buying used items. I don't complain and leave good feedback. ( Except once when someone sold me a cheap plastic purse and tried to pass it off as leather)
Am I over thinking this? Should I just place order and see what the seller says? I just hate to think about someone thinking poorly of me when this whole thing wasn't my fault.