USPS Carrier Pickup and not picked up????

Jan 20, 2008
Has anyone every used USPS Click-N-Ship Carrier Pickup and not had their packages picked up?

Last night I requested a pick up for 8 packages that I sold on eBay and I just saw my mail lady drop of mail at my mailbox but she didn't come to the front door to pick up the packages. I did put that they would be at the front door since 8 boxes wouldn't fit in my mailbox. I'm hoping she maybe forgot and will be back for them but what should I do if she doesn't comes back? :confused1:

Well.. according to the USPS website
  • How can I ship my package once I have the Click-N-Ship postage label?

Online shipping is as convenient as your neighborhood mailbox. You can drop your Priority Mail® service and domestic Express Mail® service pieces with PC Postage labels in any Collection Box®, or you can:

Tip: You can save a trip to the Post Office by using Click-N-Ship with the Carrier Pickup option to request pickup at no extra charge from your home or office as part of your mailperson's normal delivery and collection duties. Once you have completed your labels, simply click on the Carrier Pickup link to request next day pickup.

Sounds to me like your mail carrier should have picked them up...?? You might need to call the PO in your area.

Sounds to me like your mail carrier should have picked them up...?? You might need to call the PO in your area.

I have requested a pickup before with no problem. Maybe she was having a lazy day. Either way I am going to wait another 15 minutes and then go check if they are still there. If they are I'm calling my PO.

Thanks!!

I've had my carrier deliver all the mail in the area first, then return on the way back to the post office and pick up packages. If you have multiple packages, that's probably what's happening. They can't carry them all at once while delivering mail kwim?. :P

He's also picked up first if it's only one package.

I have never done the pickup request. I agree with everyone though, they might be coming back after the items are delivered.

Personally, I would hop in the car and drive to where the truck is parked just to be sure they go out. It may save you a trip to the P.O.

I've had my carrier deliver all the mail in the area first, then return on the way back to the post office and pick up packages. If you have multiple packages, that's probably what's happening. They can't carry them all at once while delivering mail kwim?. :P

He's also picked up first if it's only one package.

I live in an area where they do all the mail delivery in a car (not PO car, regular car) and they will drive down your driveway to get closer to your front door. I am going down there now to check on the packages

Well, when I got to the front door the mail man (it's usually a lady?) was leaving with the packages. He told me he had forgotten to pick them up. Whew!! Good thing he remembered and came back.

Thanks everyone for all your help!