USPS Abnormally Slow/Not Updating Tracking?

Jun 24, 2006
I shipped an item I sold on December 7th. It says that it should have an expected delivery date of today, but nothing has shown up on the tracking number. This is all it says:

USPS
Acceptance, Dec-07-10, 13:58 PM, XXXXX, XX, XXXXX

Perhaps it is running behind?

Also, I bought an item over a week ago. And, the tracking says this:

USPS
Electronic Shipping Info Received, Dec-03-10, 00:00 AM

Anyone else having issues with USPS tracking?

thats strange, hopefully it shows up soon/gets delivered soon.

i ordered a few things from retailers and it got here pretty fast, though i did order it with faster shipping because i anticipated the holiday rush

i also won something off ebay last friday and it was delivered via USPS yesterday. not bad i think, it was done priority.

I had a USPS tracking number that didn't update until it was delivered 5 days later. I ordered it a two weeks ago and the only info was it was in sorting at the post office of the seller. One day I checked it at work and suddenly it had 7 lines of info about where it's been and at the end it said out for delivery.

i shipped out 4 packages on monday - it normally would take them 2-3 days to get to their destination.
1 got there within 3 days. 2 are finally arriving today (so 5 days) and the 4th i have no idea when it's suppose to be delivered... it's tracking hasn't updated at all since it left my post office.

I have something coming from Singapore and my seller had to track it from her end, only to discover the USPS is being very cautious this year. It's stuck in California at a customs warehouse, where they are checking everything thoroughly.
I think it's related to the increase in terrorist activity here recently.

I just sent something to Hong Kong and the tracking NEVER updated but my buyer told me it got there! Luckily they were honest.
I also sent out a pair of shoes on Monday and they never got scanned until they got to North Carolina this morning!

yep. I'm having a tiff with Amazon about something I ordered using prime. I hate that they're using USPS. It was supposed to be here Wednesday but there is still no tracking at all for it. They originally wanted me to wait til next week for them to resend.