Using your empreinte key pouch for keys?

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
I just got a gorgeous empreinte key pouch in Cherry and love it. I'm wondering how those of you who own one and use it for keys attach your keys to it? Or do you just put your keys inside unattached? The hook on the pouch is too thick to attach the keys directly onto it. Do you have the keys on a smaller ring and then attach the pouch hook to that ring? That's how I have it done now but it causes it to bulk up a little and I worry it will scratch the pouch hook. I only have one house key and one car key fob (that's obviously bigger and fatter than a regular key). Maybe I'll just put the keys inside and not attach them to the hook inside the pouch. I've also seen some folks remove that hook/chain to allow for more room inside the pouch (to use for keys, cards, etc.). I'd love to hear how others do this!

I've heard of people removing the chain themselves, or by going into LV and asking them to do it. I have the cherry emp key pouch too and love it. I just use it as a small wallet though.

Reactions: kcoach
I have the same issue with every key "pouch" I've had... so I just got an actual key holder instead. My car key stays separate because I don't drive to work or use it every day & I've been lectured about heavy things hanging from your ignition key. Here's mine... I was going to get an LV one but my Gucci was on sale - perfect for my keys. I love love love it. My cles are now a mini wallets - no keys. Highly recommend key holders!

IMG_1481644366.935282.jpg

I use a binder ring to secure my key to the hook on my cles since the hook is too think to accommodate my key directly. This one is 1", but they come in many sizes. The binder ring is also very easy to remove when I need to take my key off.

LVKeyCles.jpg