Using things for other things rather then what they were meant for :P

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
So not long ago I posted that I was using my Coach Madison cosmetic case as a wallet. Few people mentioned it was a cool idea.. Has anyone else tried it ??

this is what i'm using as a wallet and love it.
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...9&d=1323805365

a place for my change
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...0&d=1323805395

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...5&d=1323783030
Coach madison cosmetic case.. (a gift (RAOK) from a pf member)

Better yet what are you using that isnt was it was meant for ... ??

I'm using my little Poppy Pop C cinch bag as a knitting bag. It's the perfect size to hold a couple of balls of yarn, my needles, notion bag, and project. The drawstring on top won't snag yarn like a zipper would, and the shoulder strap is perfect for on-the-go knitting.

I use my clutches as wristlets in my purses. I know, it's not a far stretch. But I almost didn't get a clutch because it seemed too big to use as a wristlet. Now I love them and want more! The have CC slots, two sections, and a little zipper pocket. I can pull it out and use it as a little clutch purse when I want to go light and it holds quite a bit! It's super functional and I love it!

I use a mini skinny as a key case so keys wont tear my lepliage. I actually tuck thevkeys inside

Again not a stretch

I use wristlets for Everything!!! Jewellery cases, clutches, wallets, etc

I am trying not to carry too much stuff in my bags in order to lighten the load during my daily public transportation work commute. I now keep items that I am likely to use only when I am in the car stashed in my car inside a large poppy wristlet. Items like coupons and preferred customer cards for the grocery store, etc.

This way I can just grab the wristlet and stick it in my bag, or carry it over my wrist, when I am out shopping and likely to need the items it contains.

i have two madison large leather wristlets! one = wallet (contains id skinny, card case, and checkbook, while the slide pocket in the wristlet holds coupons). the other wristlet has otc meds, lippies,floss/wisps, mints, and teeny sample tubes from sephora of lotion for dry skin or emergency zit cream, haha. the cosmetic bags are so cute but i prefer the strap on my wristlets in case i leave the purse with my bf and run to the ladies room with one wristlet to touch up :P

I use my large kisslock coin purse for rewards cards, so I don't have them cluttering up my wallet. I just started using an eyeglass case for pens - an idea I got from a recent post. I use a wristlet for my camera. I put extra batteries in the pocket of the wristlet. I could never give up my wallet - I need all those credit card slots.

I got an occasion Rosegold wristlet to use as a wallet a few days ago, but it didn't hold much, went to the outlet 2 days ago and got a powder pink leather shimmery-ish larger wristlet to use as a wallet, but still using the sequined wristlet for coins, 'cos the powder pink leather thing doesn't have a place for them...

This is all because I can't find the Penelope Op Art Bordeaux Zippy I want to match my bag. Definitely on a mission for that and don't wanna give up and get it on the bay just yet! (thrill of the hunt is so much more fun haha!)

I went from my first Coach bag to a sort of "collection" in a week or so because of all this..oops! (and I'm reeeeal broken up about it, can't you tell? Haha!)

I've mentioned this before but it was a great discovery because my husband tried many wallets and card cases and none of them were just right for him. Then I bought him a coach card case that he loves and uses all the time as his wallet. It has enough room for his phone, a few bills, and some cards. It is the same as the one below (NMA) but his is black leather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Leath...176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45ff1c48e8

I use a wristlet to carry, ahem, feminine products. I don't know if that's uncommon, but it seems like a lot of girls who have Coach wristlets tend to save them for club night, rather than as an everyday accessory.

I use the madison capacity wristlet as an organizer. I put several check registers in there, pens, calculator, stamps, receipts, etc. It is a fabulous size and intstead of putting all of those things in the zipper pocket of the bag I can move it from bag to bag easily.

cats n bags said:
I'm using my little Poppy Pop C cinch bag as a knitting bag. It's the perfect size to hold a couple of balls of yarn, my needles, notion bag, and project. The drawstring on top won't snag yarn like a zipper would, and the shoulder strap is perfect for on-the-go knitting.

What a neat idea!!