Using things for other things rather then what they were meant for :P

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
So not long ago I posted that I was using my Coach Madison cosmetic case as a wallet. Few people mentioned it was a cool idea.. Has anyone else tried it ??

this is what i'm using as a wallet and love it.
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...9&d=1323805365

a place for my change
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...0&d=1323805395

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...5&d=1323783030
Coach madison cosmetic case.. (a gift (RAOK) from a pf member)
Better yet what are you using that isnt was it was meant for ... ??

cats n bags

Stinky's Mum
O.G.
Jun 24, 2008
I'm using my little Poppy Pop C cinch bag as a knitting bag. It's the perfect size to hold a couple of balls of yarn, my needles, notion bag, and project. The drawstring on top won't snag yarn like a zipper would, and the shoulder strap is perfect for on-the-go knitting.

4vryng

Coach-my candy store
Nov 12, 2009
I use my clutches as wristlets in my purses. I know, it's not a far stretch. But I almost didn't get a clutch because it seemed too big to use as a wristlet. Now I love them and want more! The have CC slots, two sections, and a little zipper pocket. I can pull it out and use it as a little clutch purse when I want to go light and it holds quite a bit! It's super functional and I love it!

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Canada Eh!
I use a mini skinny as a key case so keys wont tear my lepliage. I actually tuck thevkeys inside

Again not a stretch

I use wristlets for Everything!!! Jewellery cases, clutches, wallets, etc

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I am trying not to carry too much stuff in my bags in order to lighten the load during my daily public transportation work commute. I now keep items that I am likely to use only when I am in the car stashed in my car inside a large poppy wristlet. Items like coupons and preferred customer cards for the grocery store, etc.

This way I can just grab the wristlet and stick it in my bag, or carry it over my wrist, when I am out shopping and likely to need the items it contains.

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
i have two madison large leather wristlets! one = wallet (contains id skinny, card case, and checkbook, while the slide pocket in the wristlet holds coupons). the other wristlet has otc meds, lippies,floss/wisps, mints, and teeny sample tubes from sephora of lotion for dry skin or emergency zit cream, haha. the cosmetic bags are so cute but i prefer the strap on my wristlets in case i leave the purse with my bf and run to the ladies room with one wristlet to touch up :P

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I use my large kisslock coin purse for rewards cards, so I don't have them cluttering up my wallet. I just started using an eyeglass case for pens - an idea I got from a recent post. I use a wristlet for my camera. I put extra batteries in the pocket of the wristlet. I could never give up my wallet - I need all those credit card slots.

m3rma1d

NeoCoachieZoomDweeby
Dec 30, 2011
Maine & NJ
I got an occasion Rosegold wristlet to use as a wallet a few days ago, but it didn't hold much, went to the outlet 2 days ago and got a powder pink leather shimmery-ish larger wristlet to use as a wallet, but still using the sequined wristlet for coins, 'cos the powder pink leather thing doesn't have a place for them...

This is all because I can't find the Penelope Op Art Bordeaux Zippy I want to match my bag. Definitely on a mission for that and don't wanna give up and get it on the bay just yet! (thrill of the hunt is so much more fun haha!)

I went from my first Coach bag to a sort of "collection" in a week or so because of all this..oops! (and I'm reeeeal broken up about it, can't you tell? Haha!)

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I've mentioned this before but it was a great discovery because my husband tried many wallets and card cases and none of them were just right for him. Then I bought him a coach card case that he loves and uses all the time as his wallet. It has enough room for his phone, a few bills, and some cards. It is the same as the one below (NMA) but his is black leather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Leath...176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45ff1c48e8

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
I use a wristlet to carry, ahem, feminine products. I don't know if that's uncommon, but it seems like a lot of girls who have Coach wristlets tend to save them for club night, rather than as an everyday accessory.

Jan 13, 2011
Seattle, WA
I use the madison capacity wristlet as an organizer. I put several check registers in there, pens, calculator, stamps, receipts, etc. It is a fabulous size and intstead of putting all of those things in the zipper pocket of the bag I can move it from bag to bag easily.

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
cats n bags said:
I'm using my little Poppy Pop C cinch bag as a knitting bag. It's the perfect size to hold a couple of balls of yarn, my needles, notion bag, and project. The drawstring on top won't snag yarn like a zipper would, and the shoulder strap is perfect for on-the-go knitting.
What a neat idea!!