Using Scarves as Straps

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have an Evelyne TPM and want to find out if/how others use scarves as straps.

I'd prefer a slightly longer cross-body strap than the fixed-length 44" / 105cm strap that comes with the TPM. For me, I would want my cross-body strap to be about 46-52" total length - basically I want it to hang about 2-4" lower on my body.

I do know one option is to use a scarf to halve the strap for shoulder carry (like this post or this photo) and I'm certainly going to do that sometimes since the TPM under-arm would be super cute. Assuming people use the regular twilly for that.

I'm guessing I could also do that same thing to extend the normal length strap? But to do that I'd be attaching/clasping the hardware directly to the twilly which might look silly unless I somehow covered it with the twilly bow. Is there a better way to either make an entirely silk cross-body strap or to extend the built in strap?

If I did a completely silk strap replacement, I'm hoping I can do it with a single scarf instead of braiding 3 together. Can I somehow use just one (twisted somehow or something?) From what I found online, these are the size options so not sure which would be the best for an all-silk strap?
    Maxi Twilly: 20 x 220 cm (8 x 87”)
    Maxi Twilly Cut: 20 x 160 cm (8" x 63”)
    Maxi Twilly Slim: 10 x 180 cm (4” x 70.9”)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. 951CA9D8-CAA0-4045-BD1C-8F9BC8B96AAE.jpeg
    I thought this looks very ‘now’

3. Pretty! Any idea how to do that?

And also do you know what bag that is?