Using Saks GC to buy some CLs~~

peppers90

Carpusdiem.com
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
Hey Ladies~ My local Saks does not carry CLs; and I am interested in purchasing some from a Saks out of state. I have some GCs- can I use them for a phone order? I have gotten conflicting answers from Saks:confused1:

It depends on the SA. None of the SA's I work with will do it. The only one that will said I have to send the GC's to him but that he has to actually have the shoe in stock at his store. If he has to do a locator then he cannot apply the GC to the order. I know other TPF'ers who have SA's that will take the GC over the phone so I have no idea how they set the regulation for it.

Ive never had a problem using my saks GC over the phone. The SAs I've worked with just have me give them the pertinent info on the cards and its done! I dont know why its been an issue for you... maybe the SAs you've talked to are just lazy! :shrugs:(i mean, they do have to type in all the information- their poor fingers!:P) here give my SA a call. She's a doll! her name is Ann Roundy from Saks Phoenix, I really think she'd be able to help you out! And tell her valerie sent you!:graucho:

ps what rrsc said about the shoes needing to be in the store sounds right... so hopefully they have something you want in phoenix, but again just ask Ann, she give you the lowdown!

Ive never had a problem using my saks GC over the phone. The SAs I've worked with just have me give them the pertinent info on the cards and its done! I dont know why its been an issue for you... maybe the SAs you've talked to are just lazy! :shrugs:(i mean, they do have to type in all the information- their poor fingers!:P) here give my SA a call. She's a doll! her name is Ann Roundy from Saks Phoenix, I really think she'd be able to help you out! And tell her valerie sent you!:graucho:

ps what rrsc said about the shoes needing to be in the store sounds right... so hopefully they have something you want in phoenix, but again just ask Ann, she give you the lowdown!

THANKS~ I will def give her a call tomorrow!! :tup:

:shrugs:Haha I had this same question & I work for Saks!

At first I was told that my client had to send me their GC's, but then a minute later they told me that if my client could give me their gc number over the phone than they could "see what they could do for me".... So basically I am hoping that means they will accomadate my customer.

The problem that is with the Gc's is that the store wants the actual card to swipe through the computer & that is why the GC is supposed to be at the store which an item is being purchased.

It really depends on the SAs....I don't have a problem using my EGCs with buying Chanel or LV over the phone (yes! I've bought an LV with my EGC), I have a great Chanel SA! I've only used my EGC buying CL from Sak's website.

If you dont find anything in Phoenix, you can try my SA Cassandra at Houston Saks. They seem to have just gotten a whole slew of new CLs in, in alot of different sizes. (Even camel patent Decollette!) If you do call, tell her Martha sent you, she will love it! I can give you the number if you PM me.

Wow! I never knew that! I thought you could use them online, too!

Jet - Ive used plenty of them online. you should be able to as well :yes:..... once you put in your info, they ask for the pin # on the back of the card, the next page you come to, it will take the gift card amount off the total, very easy to follow .