Using photos of my bag and is being rude

I'm really upset right now, so forgive me if this comes out as a mess.

I sold a bag over a year ago to a woman on ebay. She is now selling the bag and using my photos. She also states it is brand new and was purchased from Hawaii. Uh, no.

I sent a message asking her to take down the old photos. For a number of reasons, but mainly because they are MY photos, she should have asked before using them, and they don't represent the current state of the bag.

She replied

1. I bought a black one and another pink one!! What would u know

and then sent another message straight after

2. I never used your ugly bag either!!

Seriously? Am I dealing with an #&$^*# child?

I tried to report the listing, but it won't let me go through because the old listing is over 90 days old.

Is there a way I can report her? Seriously :shucks:

I don't think you can report her. You don't have a current listing with the pictures posted.
Also, did you sell her the bag as new or used? Because if you sold it as new, how do you know she used it? She could have it sit for a year without being used. I personally have a couple of bags that are brand new, but purchased a while ago.

Call ebay and give them the item from from the listing when it was sold. THey have to ability to see listings even though you can't see it.

Tell them that you did not give the seller permission to use your pictures, you politely requested that she remove them and because she refused, you want them to pull the lisitng.

If necessary, give them the link to their own policy. You are the rights owner of the pictures and have the right to deny others the use of them.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

I don't think you can report her. You don't have a current listing with the pictures posted.
Also, did you sell her the bag as new or used? Because if you sold it as new, how do you know she used it? She could have it sit for a year without being used. I personally have a couple of bags that are brand new, but purchased a while ago.

I have the original photos saved and well, I can take photos of my room and belongings for proof if I need to. They are even posted here on the purseforum dated almost 12 months ago. But you're right, we don't know the current condition of the bag.

It's just... she says she bought another pink one, so how would I know if she was selling mine. And I don't. If she bought another blossom, she could be selling the second one. But that doesn't matter, the problem was she was using my photos. And then said she didn't use my bag because it was ugly. Like, if you thought the bag was ugly why would you go buy another pink one? I just don't get it.

Call ebay and give them the item from from the listing when it was sold. THey have to ability to see listings even though you can't see it.

Tell them that you did not give the seller permission to use your pictures, you politely requested that she remove them and because she refused, you want them to pull the lisitng.

If necessary, give them the link to their own policy. You are the rights owner of the pictures and have the right to deny others the use of them.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

Thank you! I am on the phone to ebay right now.

It takes such an effort to be rude, and if she hated my bag she could have returned it! I regretted selling that bag that and that is how I found the listing. I was going to buy it again, but I saw my photos and the lie (why is there a shame of buying bags from ebay?) I was like enough is enough.

Right now I wish I could take down all the photos I have posted on the purse forum and re upload them with my name in the middle. Because I wonder whether she got them from here (they were posted here).

She could have been having a bad day. Maybe she is just plain rude. Who knows. Knowing how ebay operates, I strongly doubt that they will do anything about it even if you call.
I had an issue with a seller last year who kept stealing my pictures and I kept reporting her and she kept relisting. Ebay kept taking her listings down and she relisted anyway. It went on for a week! And I have my own ebay rep! Even then, it was so hard to get Ebay to take an action against her. She finally stopped, because I think ebay called her and said if there is one more violation, she will be suspended.

I have the original photos saved and well, I can take photos of my room and belongings for proof if I need to. They are even posted here on the purseforum dated almost 12 months ago. But you're right, we don't know the current condition of the bag.

It's just... she says she bought another pink one, so how would I know if she was selling mine. And I don't. If she bought another blossom, she could be selling the second one. But that doesn't matter, the problem was she was using my photos. And then said she didn't use my bag because it was ugly. Like, if you thought the bag was ugly why would you go buy another pink one? I just don't get it.

I've heard of members here calling ebay and giving them the link to the TPF post where their pictures were stolen from. I would think showing ebay the year-old post should prove your case.

She could have been having a bad day. Maybe she is just plain rude. Who knows. Knowing how ebay operates, I strongly doubt that they will do anything about it even if you call.
I had an issue with a seller last year who kept stealing my pictures and I kept reporting her and she kept relisting. Ebay kept taking her listings down and she relisted anyway. It went on for a week! And I have my own ebay rep! Even then, it was so hard to get Ebay to take an action against her. She finally stopped, because I think ebay called her and said if there is one more violation, she will be suspended.

That's awful and I'm sorry you went through that! :sad:

I've heard of members here calling ebay and giving them the link to the TPF post where their pictures were stolen from. I would think showing ebay the year-old post should prove your case.

I called and offered that, and the person I spoke to said he saw my original listing (which I have no idea how he was able to). What a waste of time, I wish I never bothered, and it seems sellers can get away with anything they want to do, and I stopped reading her messages because I know they were just going to be as nasty as the first two :-s

I called and offered that, and the person I spoke to said he saw my original listing (which I have no idea how he was able to). What a waste of time, I wish I never bothered, and it seems sellers can get away with anything they want to do, and I stopped reading her messages because I know they were just going to be as nasty as the first two :-s

You can report them for harassment - especially if they are now repeatedly messaging you with nasty comments (which is what it sounds like)... There is a report link in the message, or you can report via Customer Support--
http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CustomerSupport

I think you should open up all her messages and report each one individually. After her first message, if you didn't respond, she has no reason to continue to contact you