Using Pen Holders or Bleeker Pencil Cases to prevent interior pen marks

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
Does anyone use these? They are under Mens but I have heard some ladies talk about pen cases so that pen marks do not get inside their bags. I see these on the website for $48 and am curious if it is practical for carrying a pen or two or these items are larger and would hold half a dozen pens/pencils....more like a school pencil case. I am looking for something to contain even just one pen.

What is everyone using? Or do you not carry pens or just chance it?

Attachments

• Pencil case.jpg
    Pencil case.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 895
I just bought one during the last PCE in dark grey. I only carry one or two pens on me at the most, but it appears that it would probably hold a lot more. I can take a pic of it filled up if you'd like to get a feel for its size?

I just bought one during the last PCE in dark grey. I only carry one or two pens on me at the most, but it appears that it would probably hold a lot more. I can take a pic of it filled up if you'd like to get a feel for its size?

I'd like to see pics of the Coach pen/pencil holder fully loaded to get a better understanding of the size, thanks!

I use a free Sony giveaway pen holder that was handed out at a trade show. I removed the free pen and inserted my personal pen. I would love to find more of these holders. They are small, lightweight, transparent, easy access, and leak-proof. I actually contacted Sony customer service to try and find out how to purchase them but they couldn't help me.

You can see pics of my "perfect pen-holder" at the link below. If anyone ever sees similar holders please let me know, thanks!

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/a-solution-to-the-pen-in-purse-problem-630518.html

melissatrv said:
Does anyone use these? They are under Mens but I have heard some ladies talk about pen cases so that pen marks do not get inside their bags. I see these on the website for $48 and am curious if it is practical for carrying a pen or two or these items are larger and would hold half a dozen pens/pencils....more like a school pencil case. I am looking for something to contain even just one pen.

What is everyone using? Or do you not carry pens or just chance it?

I tried a few, and ended up using a barcelona football club pencil case that was my kids - lol... It is rubber lined and, holds a pen, a skinny highlighter, my ipad stylus, my USB stick, and a paper clip. I do get some laughs from my male students when they see it, but I couldn't bring myself to trade it in for the new coach men's pen case. The coach one looked around the same size, but a tad bit bigger - maybe big enough for four or five pens, but nowhere near the size of the bigger pencil cases my kids use for school. It was not too long, which is good in a pencil case! I would say the coach one is a good size though, and hard to find something much smaller.

I love using my case, as I never have to dig around to find something to write with!

I use my husband's case for his glasses! It's a hard case, hinged and snaps shut. It's way to bulky for carrying around his glasses and he has a leather case for his RayBans anyway. The camera batteries are dead, but I can get a picture if anyone wants.

katev said:
I'd like to see pics of the Coach pen/pencil holder fully loaded to get a better understanding of the size, thanks!

I use a free Sony giveaway pen holder that was handed out at a trade show. I removed the free pen and inserted my personal pen. I would love to find more of these holders. They are small, lightweight, transparent, easy access, and leak-proof. I actually contacted Sony customer service to try and find out how to purchase them but they couldn't help me.

You can see pics of my "perfect pen-holder" at the link below. If anyone ever sees similar holders please let me know, thanks!

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/a-solution-to-the-pen-in-purse-problem-630518.html

Katev - it is bigger than your perfect holder! I took a pic of mine, as I confirmed it is the same size (8" long by 4" around-2" tall), maybe someone will post a coach one soon!

loaded (pen, full size iPad stylus, post-it flags, paper clip, 2 USB sticks, and one mini post-it note that barely fits)

image-3777933418.png

And loaded, zipped

image-4098141928.png

Here's my Coach one all filled up......It's slightly under 8" wide and 2" tall. Normally I would never carry this much stuff in it, but just wanted to give you an idea how much it holds...I love organizer thingies like these and the Coach business card cases.....can't get enough of them!

Attachments

• DSCN2330.jpg
    DSCN2330.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCN2326.jpg
    DSCN2326.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 498
Katev - it is bigger than your perfect holder! I took a pic of mine, as I confirmed it is the same size (8" long by 4" around-2" tall), maybe someone will post a coach one soon!

loaded (pen, full size iPad stylus, post-it flags, paper clip, 2 USB sticks, and one mini post-it note that barely fits)

View attachment 1553050

And loaded, zipped

View attachment 1553051

thanks for the pics, it looks perfect for your needs!

Here's my Coach one all filled up......It's slightly under 8" wide and 2" tall. Normally I would never carry this much stuff in it, but just wanted to give you an idea how much it holds...I love organizer thingies like these and the Coach business card cases.....can't get enough of them!

I like the look of the coach case but it is too big for me, thanks for loading it up and taking the photos!

I also love organizer accessories, that's why I was immediately interested in this coach pen/pencil case posted by melissatrv. They make it so easy to find things and to switch bags! I have several cosmetic cases and other organizers and I have given many away as gifts.

I had tried lots of wallets, money clips, and card cases for my husband and none of them met his needs until I found an MFF card case that has room for a phone, a few cards, and some bills. It's number 60661 like the one in the link below (NMA) but his is black leather. He uses it all the time!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-CARD-...3005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=bin3cbbcdc71d

I've given away several of the flat business card holders but the one I use has a flap, snap closure. It's MFF 8890 like this one (NMA) but mine is orchid leather - I love it!
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/coach-structured-card-case-style-8890-66944048

I also love organizer accessories, that's why I was immediately interested in this coach pen/pencil case posted by melissatrv. They make it so easy to find things and to switch bags! I have several cosmetic cases and other organizers and I have given many away as gifts.

I had tried lots of wallets, money clips, and card cases for my husband and none of them met his needs until I found an MFF card case that has room for a phone, a few cards, and some bills. It's number 60661 like the one in the link below (NMA) but his is black leather. He uses it all the time!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-CARD-...3005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=bin3cbbcdc71d

I've given away several of the flat business card holders but the one I use has a flap, snap closure. It's MFF 8890 like this one (NMA) but mine is orchid leather - I love it!
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/coach-structured-card-case-style-8890-66944048

Yep, those are the ones I was referring to as well....I have 4- in black,brown, orchid and green-LOL....only problem is I can't remember which cards are in which case and I kind of hate to put a sticker on them to help me remember!

Thanks so much for posting a picture, I've been wondering myself how much this case actually holds.. I think it's perfect for me, gotta have it! :smile:

that looks like a good idea. i just don't keep pens in my purse. i have a planner and keep the pen in that, and carry the planner in my hand and purse on my arm.

i guess this case would make my cumbersome ways easier.

I found this at the outlet a year or two ago. It actually had pencils inside it. They are around here some where!

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

it's also good for carrying...um...secret girl stuff??!! :lol:

I just use the nylon cosmetic bags that came with almost all my LeSportsac bags. They come in different sizes and are washable and super-flexible so you can just "wrap" them around your pens or makeup if the case isn't full and they take up almost no room in your bag. Kipling and Vera Bradley also make all kinds of small accessory bags and in colors or patterns that will go with a lot of different Coaches. Most of Coach's own small cases are too stiff to fit in a small bag. The one COHgirl just posted would work pretty well though!

I had to laugh at the poster in the previous thread from last year who said "If the lid of the pen is closed how on earth is it going to mark the inside of your purse? I'd just throw the pen in as is, no need for a pouch.
I think you're being a little over protective of your purse."
especially after seeing this poor abused Coach in the Authenticate thread. Check out the photo of the inside, should be the fifth one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110801169926