Using keyrings/fobs with actual keys?

m3rma1d

NeoCoachieZoomDweeby
Dec 30, 2011
Crazy idea, I know, considering how fun they are to hang off our bags! :P

But at the outlet the other day, I bought this (nma) metal/enamel pink daisy keyring.

I wanna put it my keys on it, but I'm scared the keys will scratch it all up!

Anyone have experience with this?

Crazy idea, I know, considering how fun they are to hang off our bags! :P

But at the outlet the other day, I bought this (nma) metal/enamel pink daisy keyring.

I wanna put it my keys on it, but I'm scared the keys will scratch it all up!

Anyone have experience with this?
I actually always use my key rings/fobs with my keys and never on my handbags and i have not noticed too much "destruction" from doing so. But i only have a house key and a key fob on my key ring so that might be a reason as to why there is so little scratching and damage....Btw i had the metal coach heart and now have switched over to the gold lock and key

One thing I did was use clear packing tape to kind of "laminate" the key fob. This way the tape will get scratched and not the actual metal. Though it might be hard with a flower shape...perhaps you could cut it to size??

I bought the berry trigger snap fob for my keys bc Im always dropping them and tossing them around. This way I have a coach fob , plus I can clip it to my bags, and it doesnt have alot that will show scratches. I love all the pretty fobs but I save them for my bags bc Im too hard on stuff and they are pricey, even on sale.

They do get scratched up. Also if one drops their keys alot there's the chance of the fob breaking. For this reason I choose a fob that is not as easily damaged to use with my keys. But then again, what good are these pretty fobs if they are just sitting in a drawer?

I use most of my fobs as decorations but I have 2 "utilitarian fobs" that I use for keys. One is brown leather with a trigger snap connector. I used it for years when the bags had D rings inside, but I don't use it much anymore.

The fob I use everyday for my keys is the Amanda valet fob in the picture below. (It is silver but looks gold because of the flash.) I found them cheap at the outlet and bought a couple of extras that I gave as gifts.

I think that it is fine to pick out one Coach fob that you think will make a nice keyfob and then use it for that purpose, but only if you are okay with the idea that it may pick up some wear because it is getting more use than your other fobs.

AmandaTriplets002.jpg

I usually save my fobs to decorate my bags. I bought the leather legacy loop fob on sale at Macys recently and I'm using that one for my keys now. There's not a lot on it that can be damaged.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 508
I use key fobs for my keys. I have lots of fobs that I use as decorations on my bags, but a few are dedicated just for my keys. I have a similar daisy fob like the one you bought. The front side of my daisy fob has different colored petals. I got it a few years ago. The front of the fob looks great. The back plain silver side of the fob definitely has tiny scratches on it. It doesn't bother me though. I figured that it would get scratched up when I put my keys on it.

I only use a Fob on one set of keys (the others usually have mini Swiss Army Knives), and will switch back and forth among 3 or 4 leather ones, usually in bright colors to help me spot them in case I drop the keys. The patent leather Ladybug and Bee fobs seem to get the most usage but I bought replacements for those two just in case they start showing wear. The Surf Flower fobs work well too. No damage so far though, and my keys get dropped a lot - carpal tunnel tends to give you Fumble-Fingers. :search:

I bought the berry trigger snap fob for my keys bc Im always dropping them and tossing them around. This way I have a coach fob , plus I can clip it to my bags, and it doesnt have alot that will show scratches. I love all the pretty fobs but I save them for my bags bc Im too hard on stuff and they are pricey, even on sale.

ive been using the same one for a year now and its kept up pretty well! like she said there ins't much on it to go wrong. i see myself getting 5+ more years out of it.