Using a PCE Acquired

I've been reading up on the PCE's but did not see the answer to my questions. I have a PCE on the way, but would like to be sure that I'm ready for how I can actually use it.

With a PCE card that was not issued to me, can I make a purchase in a Coach FP store OR online? I believe I'm starting to over think this PCE event, but I'm wondering whether you would be asked to show ID if attempting to use the card in store?

Ideally, I would prefer to buy from the FP store so that I might have a chance of getting MY name on the list for future PCE's, and also to avoid the cost and delay of shipping the items if purchased online.

Also, if not all of the items I would like to purchase would be available in store, is it possible to use the card both in person and online?

Thanks!

I'm sure there are far better experts than me, but I don't think you'll have any problem using a PCE from someone else in the FP store (did they mail you the card? - I think I saw that you got one on ebay). I do think you can use that particular code only at one time, though - so not later online. However, they could order whatever else you need for you while you're in the store, and apply the coupon to everything at one time that way, I think.

Now that I want the PCE's I haven't been getting them, lol! But earlier this month I bought a bag at the FP store (during the previous PCE period) and just told the manager I didn't have a code, and could he do anything to help? And he gave me the $100. off, no problem at all. Then I got another code on ebay, later, and used it for an online order with no problems.

Best wishes! Have fun!!

I'm sure there are far better experts than me, but I don't think you'll have any problem using a PCE from someone else in the FP store (did they mail you the card? - I think I saw that you got one on ebay). I do think you can use that particular code only at one time, though - so not later online. However, they could order whatever else you need for you while you're in the store, and apply the coupon to everything at one time that way, I think.

Now that I want the PCE's I haven't been getting them, lol! But earlier this month I bought a bag at the FP store (during the previous PCE period) and just told the manager I didn't have a code, and could he do anything to help? And he gave me the $100. off, no problem at all. Then I got another code on ebay, later, and used it for an online order with no problems.

Best wishes! Have fun!!

Thanks for the info! I recently got hooked on Coach, as did my daughter, and I have my eye on a few items that I'm hoping to get with the PCE. I ended up buying one from eBay and the card is in the mail now. The seller was nice enough to put tracking on it, and I'm hoping that the card will arrive tomorrow, so I can head to the store on Friday!

That would work if the store could order the other items- it would even be nicer if they could have them sent to the FP store that's closer to my home (but way smaller than the store I'm planning to go to for the PCE).

Your comments make me feel better about the whole PCE event! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting my hopes up for the PCE and then be totally unexpected for being asked for ID or something when attempting to use the card... ;)

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info! I recently got hooked on Coach, as did my daughter, and I have my eye on a few items that I'm hoping to get with the PCE. I ended up buying one from eBay and the card is in the mail now. The seller was nice enough to put tracking on it, and I'm hoping that the card will arrive tomorrow, so I can head to the store on Friday!

That would work if the store could order the other items- it would even be nicer if they could have them sent to the FP store that's closer to my home (but way smaller than the store I'm planning to go to for the PCE).

Your comments make me feel better about the whole PCE event! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting my hopes up for the PCE and then be totally unexpected for being asked for ID or something when attempting to use the card... ;)

Thanks again!

Oh - I just read this in the Coach Frequently asked questions section - :sad: - "The 25% coupon is good on whatever is in the store (no special ordering, etc)." so maybe they can't order stuff for you. If so, I'm sorry! But I wanted to let you know. Here's a link to the thread I was reading, if you want to see ...

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...-questions-faq-and-reference-info-158400.html

I hope you're able to get everything you and your daughter want!!

Oh - I just read this in the Coach Frequently asked questions section - :sad: - "The 25% coupon is good on whatever is in the store (no special ordering, etc)." so maybe they can't order stuff for you. If so, I'm sorry! But I wanted to let you know. Here's a link to the thread I was reading, if you want to see ...

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...-questions-faq-and-reference-info-158400.html

The FP store can definitely order items for you that they do not have in store.

I recently purchased 2 bags and I had no idea that the PCE existed until I read about it here 3 days ago... I'm wondering if it's ok to use the code online and rebuy the bags with the 25% off and then go return them with the receipt from the ones I got FP... I know it sounds like a lot of hassle but I'm a college student and can use the $150 I'll be saving from the coupon. I got the coupon from ebay but the seller only emailed me the code

I recently purchased 2 bags and I had no idea that the PCE existed until I read about it here 3 days ago... I'm wondering if it's ok to use the code online and rebuy the bags with the 25% off and then go return them with the receipt from the ones I got FP... I know it sounds like a lot of hassle but I'm a college student and can use the $150 I'll be saving from the coupon. I got the coupon from ebay but the seller only emailed me the code

I would!

The FP store can definitely order items for you that they do not have in store.
I agree with this. Your store will be able to order anything you want and give you the PCE price. The SAs have quite a bit of leeway in offering PCE discounts. I really don't think you need to buy one - if you just ask in the store, they will usually give it to you. Last week, in the store, I said that I wanted to wait until I got the PCE, and the SA said I didn't have to wait, she could give me the discount that day. I don't think you can ask for it if you are ordering online though. When I ordered once online, they checked the computer to make sure I had actually got one before they gave me the discount. I think they frown on people using other people's PCE's.

racechick8293 said:
but would like to be sure that I'm ready for how I can actually use it.
With a PCE card that was not issued to me, can I make a purchase in a Coach FP store OR online?

Ideally, I would prefer to buy from the FP store so to avoid the cost and delay of shipping the items if purchased online.

Also, if not all of the items I would like to purchase would be available in store, is it possible to use the card both in person and online!

Dont think you can buy both online and FP.

Items can be ordered through PCE through FP, as long as in the system: no back orders.

Definitely can use PCE not on your name online, but in FP store depends on management. I have used someone else's PCE (because I NEVER get one) and also been denied. Depends in who's working. If you have a favorite SA, arrange to go in when they're working :smile:

Definitely can use PCE not on your name online, but in FP store depends on management. I have used someone else's PCE (because I NEVER get one) and also been denied. Depends in who's working. If you have a favorite SA, arrange to go in when they're working :smile:

That's the part I'm worried about- buying in store when the card is not in my name. I've never shopped at a FP store before so I have no relationships with any SA's - Dillard's is 15 minutes away, while the closest FP store is 60 minutes away. Thus, I've only bought from Dillard's and online.

I've been reading up on the PCE's but did not see the answer to my questions. I have a PCE on the way, but would like to be sure that I'm ready for how I can actually use it.

With a PCE card that was not issued to me, can I make a purchase in a Coach FP store OR online? I believe I'm starting to over think this PCE event, but I'm wondering whether you would be asked to show ID if attempting to use the card in store?

Ideally, I would prefer to buy from the FP store so that I might have a chance of getting MY name on the list for future PCE's, and also to avoid the cost and delay of shipping the items if purchased online.

Also, if not all of the items I would like to purchase would be available in store, is it possible to use the card both in person and online?

Thanks!

Hi~
I would say it depends on the SA or the manager who is working. I have never been asked for Id when I have purchased at Coach. (The SA did question me once because a fellow TPFer allowed me to use her PCE code and the SA knew who I was and that I didn't live in Arizona! LOL I live in Minnesota. ) I too haven't gotten a PCE in a long time. I usually just go into FP Coach and flat out ask for discount. (I have 4 stores in my area and they all know me!) I have had one of the stores where the SAs play dumb and act like I don't know that I know a PCE is coming up. They tell me "maybe next time you will get one." I usually then just go to another store where the Management and SAs are really Awesome!!!
I believe it never hurts to ask for a discount.
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

racechick8293 said:
That's the part I'm worried about- buying in store when the card is not in my name. I've never shopped at a FP store before so I have no relationships with any SA's - Dillard's is 15 minutes away, while the closest FP store is 60 minutes away. Thus, I've only bought from Dillard's and online.

The Dillard's, that is in the mall with my only local FP store ( hour + away), also accepts coach PCEs. Call Dillard's, see if they will accept. BUT they won't special order, can only use discount on items in the store. You wouldn't be able to order new legacy, if that is what you're after :sad:

If you have never shopped in a FP coach store, their not going to know the name on the card isn't you. Not sure if they ID.

I think it is soooo ridiculous how coach will turn away a sell using a coupon just because the person buying isn't the original one who received the discount. Are they doing that well they can turn down money??? Money is money, who cares if you have right name at the time. Sorry.... Definite sore spot!!!

The Dillard's, that is in the mall with my only local FP store ( hour + away), also accepts coach PCEs. Call Dillard's, see if they will accept. BUT they won't special order, can only use discount on items in the store. You wouldn't be able to order new legacy, if that is what you're after :sad:

If you have never shopped in a FP coach store, their not going to know the name on the card isn't you. Not sure if they ID.

I think it is soooo ridiculous how coach will turn away a sell using a coupon just because the person buying isn't the original one who received the discount. Are they doing that well they can turn down money??? Money is money, who cares if you have right name at the time. Sorry.... Definite sore spot!!!

I agree- I'm thinking it is crazy if they would turn away a sale because of a non-matching name. I suppose I could try the "it's for a friend" line or otherwise just ask for the discount.

I think I'll try using the PCE at the closer, smaller, local Coach store first before trying a fairly large mall in Orlando. I'm thinking that the smaller store might be more interested in being helpful, but I could be going about it all wrong- the larger, busier store might not have the time to ask me for ID or worrying about if I'm the person the PCE card was sent to. I'm really overthinking this at this point, but really want/need the discount!

I'll have to check my Dillard's- they do know me there- but I'm not sure if they match/apply the PCE discount. Now I'm trying to remember if they have all three items I'm interested in buying. Last time I was there, they had at least 2 of the 3. I was really hoping to get the full experience at the Coach store and possibly getting on the list for a PCE for next time. I'll just be thrilled if I get the 25% off at this point!

racechick8293 said:
I agree- I'm thinking it is crazy if they would turn away a sale because of a non-matching name.

I'm in the same situation as you now: 'beatysplurge87' just gave me her PCE code. I don't want to use it in Dillard's because I'm after not-yet-released-but-available legacy. I do have a SA friend at the fp store. Hope all goes well for both of us ;)

My SA's ALWAYS give me the discount if I ask them. I make sure to go visit them all of the time, though, say hi, chat, keep a good relationship, you know?

I've only ever used an online code that didn't belong to me, though.