Using a designer tote as an everyday purse & diaper bag

I don’t know... I’ve have 4 kids and I wouldn’t use a designer bag as a diaper bag, things spill, accidents happen. I remember using a designated diaper bag for a while and then just throwing a diaper or 2 with some wipes in whatever bag I was using for short outings. I also breast fed so I wasn’t worried about formula spilling and staining my bag. However when the child gets older they use sippy Cups that always seemed to leak and you may need to carry snacks/food for a young toddler. Just some food for thought.

Reactions: Joule
Congrats on your new baby coming! I use the Jujube BFF diaper bag. This diaper bag can be used crossbody, carry it on your shoulder, or as a backpack. It is waterproof and comes with a matching changing pad. I usually leave it in the stroller basket or just in car as we drive to most places. Then, I carry one of my regular purses with my own stuff in there. The idea of using a designer bag as a diaper bag just doesn't seem that practical to me, in my opinion (I had the same thought before).

My son is 7 months old. I use my backpack that I used for travel before, and I advise you not to use a designer bag with a baby, for it quickly gets heavy. In my case, having my son in my arms, take the lift, fetch the stroller and installing him with my bag bumping all around isn't practical at all. Even a light crossbody can be impractical.
Maybe just wait until your little one walks on his or her own ?

I bought a cute Marc Jacobs diaper bag for my first son, and I barely used it. I ended up using my Neverfull MM the majority of the time, and it worked well. I exclusively breastfed, so I didn’t worry about spilled bottles or anything, but that’s definitely something to consider. I never ended up needing to carry as much “gear” as I thought I was going to have.

I’m currently pregnant with #2, and I just purchased a Hermes Evelyne GM for my mom bag because I really wanted something hands free since I’ll be dealing with a toddler plus infant. I chose black so I wouldn’t have to worry about stains!

Reactions: jayohwhy
I have a Fisher Price diaper backpack. It has all of the organization you need, even clips to the stroller handlebar. That's a must have. And it will get dirty, absolutely. I carry that and a designer tote since I don't like mixing my stuff with my kid's stuff.

Doesn't Prada do a lot of nylon bags? There might be something in that line.

I was always tempted to wear an industrial tool belt loaded down with baby items, but I never had the courage. I suppose it wouldn't have been very fashionable, but it would have made diaper changing a breeze. Add a hard hat when baby becomes toddler for maximum preparedness.

I’m currently pregnant with #2, and I just purchased a Hermes Evelyne GM for my mom bag because I really wanted something hands free since I’ll be dealing with a toddler plus infant. I chose black so I wouldn’t have to worry about stains!

Wow! We're "twins"! I'm also pregnant with #2 and picked up an a black Evelyne III GM as my mom bag this go around. I excusively pumped with my first born and will have to bring a pump bag around with me, but I've been loving the Evelyne so far as a bag for me + diaper bag for quick trips. I'm also getting antsy and am considering an LV backpack but I think backpacks look awkward on me.

Reactions: futurewoman
Wow! We're "twins"! I'm also pregnant with #2 and picked up an a black Evelyne III GM as my mom bag this go around. I excusively pumped with my first born and will have to bring a pump bag around with me, but I've been loving the Evelyne so far as a bag for me + diaper bag for quick trips. I'm also getting antsy and am considering an LV backpack but I think backpacks look awkward on me.
Love it!! I went back and forth between black and gold, but I’m having my second boy, so I figured black would be the more carefree choice long-term.
Funny you mention backpacks because I briefly entertained getting one from Chanel, but it’s just not “me” :no:

Congratulations on your new baby. I am no longer in need of a diaper bag, but I own the Loewe Cushion and I think it would be perfect for that. The size is good and it is lined with slide in pockets that would fit pampers and towels... The one thing to keep in mind is that the interior is fabric so prone to stains. It is very confortable.
I had two kids and it never occurred to me that I had to be less stylish or change what I like because of being a mother. Of course you adapt, but you can stay yourself.
Hi! I know this thread is a little old and sorry to intrude, I just purchased the Loewe cushion in large and I have not been able to find any reviews on YouTube! Would you mind sharing what you love/pros and cons (and what you hate -hopefully nothing!) about this bag? Also have two little ones and bag aesthetic comes before practicality for me we gotta have something for ourselves everything else is for them! ❤️❤️