"Useless" Designer Accessories

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Inspired by The Fashion Spot, I'm curious what less-than-practical designer accessories you own. Like Prada tricks or this LV keychain:

p10989414_ph_hero.jpg

I bought a Mulberry keychain to go with my Roxanne. It is a HUGE leather tassel - about 8 inches long, looks more like a curtain tie-back!! My husband refuses to carry it, but I think it is cute. At least it is hard to lose.

i think cell phone tassles are fairly useless. i threw away the one that came with mine, so why would i spend $100+ on one with a logo? i don't let myself buy designer keychains, tassles, cell cases, ipod cases, etc. most of them seem to run 200$ or more and with that, i'm well on my way to a new bag. if i had a pile of money sitting around for my own entertainment, i might, but i doubt it.

amanda said:
i think cell phone tassles are fairly useless. i threw away the one that came with mine, so why would i spend $100+ on one with a logo? i don't let myself buy designer keychains, tassles, cell cases, ipod cases, etc. most of them seem to run 200$ or more and with that, i'm well on my way to a new bag. if i had a pile of money sitting around for my own entertainment, i might, but i doubt it.

Agreed. I throw around my keys so much, I'd scratch up that $200 keychain within a week. My cell phone is pretty beat up, too, and it's less than a year old.

I agree with Amanda and Cristina about cell-phone tassels. That and handbag tassels that are not originally part of the bag (feel bad saying it because my mom has one).

I have a Coach keychain with little pave crystals on it, which I got from ebay for like $35. It's cute. But that's pretty much the most I would pay for a keychain.

I have a Marc Jacobs ipod mini holder. I really don't know what I was thinking when I deceided to get it. I mean it looks great, but it's too big for my ipod. I got my parents to bring it back for me from the states so I didn't know it didn't fit my ipod properly. I paid $250 CAD (or something like that) for it and I just think I could have put that money towards something more useful, like another purse! :amuse:

amanda said:

Those things bug me so much. I once saw a phone holder that was 250, and I was like my phone didn't even cost 250. lol :weird: