Useing a tanning bed to darken the leather?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I searched threads on how to darken the leather faster on my mono speedy and I saw a few people said they put their bag in a tanning bed. I dont own a tanning bed, but I was thinking about taking it to a tanning place and putting my bag in a bed. (I think ill keep it to myself that my bag is actually going tanning not me! lol) I just wasnt sure if I should put something on the leather to make it work better (suggestions)? Will it hurt the cavas in any way? Also, should It go in for a full 20 minutes? I know this might all sound a little stupid but I want my leather to darken!! (I have had this bag for two years, and have left it out a few times in the natural sun. I just have not had a chance to use it a whole lot outside).

2. I've taken my galliera mono gm to the tanning bed a few times with nothing on the leather. I did it for 20 mins. She now has a nice patina. I would recommend it!

3. Thank You:smile: Do you have any pictures of your bag before and after the tanning? Im wondering how many times I might have to take it to get a nice color...

4. She's out for repair so I can't take any pictures. I would do it twice and see how you like it.

5. Did the tanning bed darken your leather?:smile: