Used watches on therealreal

Animalove

Jan 19, 2014
Hey ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience buying watches or fine jewelry on therealreal website. It's a consignment website that I've actually used quite a bit for hard-to-find shoes and bags and I have had a great experience with them so far. I don't buy logo-y things from them that are easy to fake; I've bought things that I know a lot about, like tom ford era gucci bags and dior tribal heels.

Anyway, I've been wanting to buy a rolex from there, however, buying a watch from therealreal makes me a little nervous (such a big purchase!). The website states over and over again that they have their own authentication team, but you never know. And then if I do decide to buy something, I probably should take the watch to get authenticated myself, right?

Any input would be much appreciated!

I checked out their website and they seem legitimate. You are right in that you should get your pieces authenticated by an independent jeweler after you receive it. Bait and switch is very common nowadays. My only concern is that the prices for their used rolex is high.