used vs. new? What's your opinion...

emjlovescj

Louis-Gucci!
Jan 29, 2009
WE'RE IN A RECESSION!!! I was wondering what everyone was doing about their Louis Vuitton budgets? Are you spending more? Spending less? Not spending at all?

I personally had to limit myself to one big LV shopping trip at the beginning of each year and just save up until then. I hit a point where I was shopping Louis Vuitton before rent,eating,and neccesities! (Bad girl!)Also, I was wondering what everone's opinions were about buying used? Who are the LV ebay buyers and who are the ones who say "ew" to used and only buy new?

Sorry lots of random questions. I don't have a lot of friends into LV like I am.It was my mommy,but she's all the way in the philippines now :0/.

I definitely will not buy used...too OCD for that. I would have a conniption wondering if the previous owner used to put the bag on the floor of whatever public restroom she used or any floor for that matter....<--thoughts like that run through my mind and for that reason I WILL NOT buy used bags...can't deal with it.

Last edited:
I have pretty much quit buying bags with the exception of a few less expensive lines that I wanted to add in order to round out my collection (Balenciaga & 2 coach Lilies I wanted back into my collection) there are still a ton of bags I would like to own but right now it all just seems crazy silly to own this many bags-especially in light of the fact that the only places I go are a few quick errands around town on most days!!! I can honestly say that my crazy bag obsession is slowly fading away and I could not be happier!

I definitely will not buy used...too OCD for that. I would have a conniption wondering if the previous owner used to put the bag on the floor of whatever public restroom she used or any floor for that matter....<--thoughts like that run through my mind and for that reason I WILL NOT buy used bags...can't deal with it.

I am this exact same way. :nuts:

I don't know how I feel about used... if it were a LE or discontinued item and I just have to have it, I might consider it. But if it's still available, I rather buy new even if it means buying fewer bags. I have a bit of an ocd myself but not as bad as DIV!!! :P

I like brand new as well. Something about knowing that I'm the only person to have held this bag, makes me really happy, lol. I also like watching my vachetta tan from fresh, so that I can take care of it and get it the way I want it. Like DIV said, I'm also wayyyyy too OCD.

i'm slightly ocd...not 2 an extreme...i'd probably buy one one on fleabay that was nwt and the owner had the reciept only so i could get one made in france...but if u are obsessing over bags to the point where u are'nt taking care of necessities ie rent/food u should definitely slow down...we can't have it all sweetie...

I just bought two gorgeous Speedy 30's on ebay- the Azur and Mono for a decent price -I saved about $75 each bag off retail plus free shipping - and the bags were spotless, unused, new with tags, box, dust bag, receipt, etc. It really depends if the seller is reputable.
I have also purchased vintage LV bags and then cleaned them up myself.

Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to buy at the LV boutique!
I've been to some lovely consignment shops. A couple of months ago I went to one in Boca Raton and I was talking to one of the owners and she brought out a gorgeous, mint, spotless with dust bag LV watercolor speedy that was on layaway for $800!!!!!!!! :nuts:

Just remember, like my mom always said, you get what you pay for!! :biggrin:
Unless, you get a really good deal because the seller doesn't know jack..... :biggrin:

Hmmmm...let me look at my siggie. My buying pattern has remained unchanged.

33.33% bought from the boutique!
66.66% bought from ebay!

Perhaps I have sold off a few more bags...but only since they weren't being used.

Last edited: