Use Insert vs. Replace Liner

prepster

Mar 4, 2016
I just bought a Wallago Cabine 35 and am debating using an insert vs. replacing the liner when it gets dirty. I have a Mai Tai insert for Victoria which is fairly close in size. However, Ms. Wally is Togo so she’s pretty floppy (and will get floppier) and I think the floppy insert combined with the floppy bag could drive me crazy sooner than I may otherwise get there on my own. I am considering skipping the insert, which also will reduced the weight (Wallago is a Big Mamma). Any thoughts? Have you re-lined any of your cloth-lined bags? How financially painful was that? If there are prices on that in a Spa thread somewhere point me in that direction because I found nothing for comparison. Is re-lining every few years even feasible? Will H cut me off after a certain number of times? The argument for the insert is that it protects the liner and gives me more pockets so I could possibly use more small accessories (ie., Calvis instead of a larger wallet) without having things rolling around loose. Thanks much for your insight. :heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Etriers
Great bag-Congrats.
I replaced the inside of my Marwari PM. It was sent to Paris, took approx 3 months and cost $750. It was well worth the expense and time away as it came back like brand new.

Thank you, that is good information! And thanks about the bag—I really like it. I wanted a travel bag that is roomy but not too big, has feet, an exterior pocket, an open slip pocket and is lockable. The zipper under the flap in back is actually the bottom of the slip pocket. It can be unzipped to create an open sleeve for inserting over a roll-y bag handle. (It is not, as the online reviewers say, a “secret pocket under the flap.”)

Last edited:
I love the Wallago! This bag is on my list for travel.
For your q..... I would just replace the lining when needed.

Thanks! I dilly-dallied and saw it again in Honolulu and the SA said it may be discontinued, but it wasn’t the color I wanted. Then Noir, Macassar and Cuivre popped up on the website so I ordered it. Although I doubt it is being discontinued. In typical H fashion, everything about this bag is so well done and thought-out. Those little slide-y clasps sort of “snick” into place in a very satisfying way, like the click of a well-made lipstick tube. Thank you for the recommendation. Re-lining may well be the way to go to have the least weight and most utility.