USA Price Increase STARTS TODAY! ARGH!

I KNOW! I thought I would be just checking which one I really wanted and felt like I had to purchase something, ESPECIALLY when the Hampstead MM had the NEW price already!

Frustrating!

YUCK! The puchasing manager at my boutique assured me that it was the 23rd, and I just spoke with her on Thursday. Not Cool :tdown:

From the post it didn't seem that they actually charged her the higher price...I bet they are just trying to get ahead of schedule at that store and get all the price tags changed in the purses so that they don't risk missing one! In high school I worked at a specialty boutique and we would change prices the day before, but still charge the cheaper price until the actual 'change.' Price changes can take a long time to do and usually require overtime on the part of staff.

From the post it didn't seem that they actually charged her the higher price...I bet they are just trying to get ahead of schedule at that store and get all the price tags changed in the purses so that they don't risk missing one! In high school I worked at a specialty boutique and we would change prices the day before, but still charge the cheaper price until the actual 'change.' Price changes can take a long time to do and usually require overtime on the part of staff.

When my SA saw the new price tag, he said he had to charge me that. I said "No, I want to purchase the bag for $1140 what was in the system." (He gave me the $1140 figure as I was looking at the bag). He then went to his manager and got an approval.

If I didn't know about the prices and saw the tag for $1200, I would most likely have been charged that.

I just bought this today in New Orleans:

Monogram Canvas Complice Key and Change Holder $240.00

I paid $240 and elux shows $240. Does $240 reflect a price increase? I never expected to buy this item so I have no idea what the cost was before today.

Thanks!