US TPFer, What does "Inbound Into Customs" mean?

kamania

Apr 27, 2008
I hope someone can give me some advice.

I have shipped a Brand New Balenciaga from Australia to a US Consignor for consignment by Airmail and when i tracked the status on USPS, it says: Inbound Into Customs:confused1::confused1::confused1:

What does it actually mean and how long will it be delivered generally? and if there is any contacts i can update my bag?

I marked the parcel as RETURNED GOOD & insured it AUD 1200 ...

Appreciate your inputs :tup:

It just means that the parcel has entered customs. They will check the value and see whether any customs duty applies before releasing it.

THat status usually takes 2-3 days.

It just means it us being cleared through customs. Then it will be released for delivery.

Nothng you can do to check status. Last time I had an inbound package it never changed status until it was delivered at my house.

Thanks Halzer & Coachfreak for your prompt reply

The "Inbound Into Customs" status has been a week or so .. hope the consignor will receive the bag soon ..

Also, the re-seller stays in NY, what is the custom duty would be if i am charged for it?

Cheers

Thanks Halzer & Coachfreak for your prompt reply

The "Inbound Into Customs" status has been a week or so .. hope the consignor will receive the bag soon ..

Also, the re-seller stays in NY, what is the custom duty would be if i am charged for it?

Cheers

You wouldn't be charged, buyer would be and the amount is so variable!

However, if it has been a week then it may already be heading for delivery.

Did you use mail or a carrier?