US TPFer, What does "Inbound Into Customs" mean?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I hope someone can give me some advice.

I have shipped a Brand New Balenciaga from Australia to a US Consignor for consignment by Airmail and when i tracked the status on USPS, it says: Inbound Into Customs:confused1::confused1::confused1:

What does it actually mean and how long will it be delivered generally? and if there is any contacts i can update my bag?

I marked the parcel as RETURNED GOOD & insured it AUD 1200 ...

Appreciate your inputs :tup:

2. It just means that the parcel has entered customs. They will check the value and see whether any customs duty applies before releasing it.

3. THat status usually takes 2-3 days.

It just means it us being cleared through customs. Then it will be released for delivery.

Nothng you can do to check status. Last time I had an inbound package it never changed status until it was delivered at my house.

4. Thanks Halzer & Coachfreak for your prompt reply

The "Inbound Into Customs" status has been a week or so .. hope the consignor will receive the bag soon ..

Also, the re-seller stays in NY, what is the custom duty would be if i am charged for it?

Cheers

5. You wouldn't be charged, buyer would be and the amount is so variable!

However, if it has been a week then it may already be heading for delivery.

Did you use mail or a carrier?

6. I used Mail ... i can't afford expensive shipping cost.

7. tracking is less reliable (by that I mean updated less frequently) and they will not deliver without customs paid.

8. Fingercross the bag is on its way to the Consignor, i really need some $$ for the new season collection coming soon :yahoo:

Thanks again, Coachfreak, you are fabulous :tup:

9. sorry for a dumb question... is US Costome working these few days? My parcel is still "Inbound Into Customs" :confused1::confused1: