US stores coming to the UK!

Handbag_Whore

Dec 13, 2009
Ok, so us Londoners have recently been lucky to get Banana Republic, J Crew, Abercrombie & Fitch and Victoria Secret in the UK.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for LOFT to come to the UK????

:smile:

Ah ok, I thought it might have opened already..I believe they are supposed to be opening on Bond street.

It'll probably be around that area, I'm excited to take a trip to see what all the fuss is about. :smile: Although I suspect it'll end up another Abercrombie, in the sense that an abundance of teenagers throughout the UK will cover themselves in myriad of 'PINK' by Victorias Secret items.

The main US departments stores are having a loom at the UK, Bloomingdales and Saks have been looking at sites and more. Only problem is that everything they have looked at is too small or a listed buildng.

Bloomindales have supposedly been looking at buildings and land in as many as 8 UK cities to build on, all high street locations, id recon they will go for 3 or 5 sites over the next 4 to 7 years.

Victorias Secret are opening 8 UK stores in the next 2 years, but will also be opening a UK internet distrubution centre as well. However with the threat of Administration hanging over La Senza they could take over many of their stores as well.

Abercrombie are looking at opening 4 more stores in the UK, but no more than 5 tops. Abercrombie will open more Hollister shops tho, probably somewhere arround 25 to 30 to keep scale down.

I recon the largest explosion in the UK fashion retail sector will be small stores like VS, Abercrombie, Hollister and more boutique shops like Gorsuch.