US return policy

I know how uncomfortable this feels, but I am sure it will be fine. I have returned bags a couple times (once two right in a row) although its always been immediately - I got home and realized wrong size. I think they are more flexible as to the ten days in certain stores, like Madison. I think as long as know based on your track record that you eventually spend twice as much as what you are returning, they will accomodate you, although they may subject you to merciless teasing in the process..
Please rockerchic, let us know the outcome of your venture (and whether you end up coming home with a plastic card - which is a lot of fun to have and use by the way - or another major bag!).

First off, thanks for all the support. I was so, so nervous as I have never returned an item like that. I called my lovely SA and she checked with the manager and said no problem at all....Whew!! big relief!
Jedi, now I will have that lovely store credit...and it is already burning a hole in my pocket!! I hope another lovely bag that is just right comes along soon!
Thanks again, lovely ladies. You honestly all made me feel much better through this stressful decision.

Glad it worked out for you RC but I knew they wouldnt give you a hassle. I hope it will work out equally as well for you Lee.

What I want to know is does Hermes go out of the way to find a replacement bag when you have a large store credit like that?

What I want to know is does Hermes go out of the way to find a replacement bag when you have a large store credit like that?

thanks Seton. When I was talking to my SA, she didn't seem particularly optomistic that there would be a replacement bag coming my way soon...I think it will be hit or miss but I intend to be persistent.;) She said I would have a year to spend it. I'm very good at spending so hopefully it won't be that hard! Fingers crossed for the perfect bag to be waiting for me in the near future!

I'm very good at spending so hopefully it won't be that hard!

LMAO - you are SUCH a girl after my own heart!

FINGERS CROSSED for you finding your next bag!!!!!!! In the US, are you retricted to spending the credit at the store you received it from? I know you probably will want to spend it there, since that is where your SA is, but I was just wondering?

I'm glad it worked out for you. The only time I have had something ... well, funky happen... I was going to order a bag from another store. Sight unseen...(color, leather) it is a very popular combo...and the ordering store told me that it was nonreturnable. Which really shocked me...since I have returned maybe 3 times to the store. And, have spent a ton in there this year. Anyway, I said no thanks. It's too much money to spend if it isn't perfect. You made the right choice.

What I want to know is does Hermes go out of the way to find a replacement bag when you have a large store credit like that?[/quote]

That was my biggest worry too, but they were nice.... the bag was credited back to the card. That must be thanks to my husband though. I'm so glad it's over....for u too RC. And yeah, this forum was a big help to me too....lots of gracious help.
Be persistent RC. Don't let them forget about you.

LMAO - you are SUCH a girl after my own heart!

FINGERS CROSSED for you finding your next bag!!!!!!! In the US, are you retricted to spending the credit at the store you received it from? I know you probably will want to spend it there, since that is where your SA is, but I was just wondering?

GF, I can use it at any store in the US (except for a few exceptions) but not outside the US.
Thanks so much for well wishes on finding my next bag. I will begin the search this week but will take my time to try to find the right bag this time. I am so impulsive but I think this was a good lesson for me.;)

I'm glad it worked out for you. The only time I have had something ... well, funky happen... I was going to order a bag from another store. Sight unseen...(color, leather) it is a very popular combo...and the ordering store told me that it was nonreturnable. Which really shocked me...since I have returned maybe 3 times to the store. And, have spent a ton in there this year. Anyway, I said no thanks. It's too much money to spend if it isn't perfect. You made the right choice.

I remember that thread and it was very weird thing that they did!