US postage going up May 12

I wish they'd just bump the price a bigger chunk at a time. Just go ahead and make it $0.50 already, and then leave it alone for a while. I hate having a bunch of old stamps around, and constantly having to try to figure out how much postage is and how much my stamps are for, since a lot of them don't have the amount shown on them. I will have to go and get a bunch of forever stamps, since this really irks me!!

What are forever stamps??

What's forever stamps?

They are stamps that you buy at the current postage rate and can use no matter how much the rate goes up. They don't have a number marked on them. If you buy them now, you would pay the current postage rate for each, or 41 cents. When postage goes up to 42 cents, you can still put a forever stamp on a letter you want to send and it will be fine. If you want to buy them then though, you would pay 42 cents. I hope I managed to explain this somewhat clearly! :confused1:

Yup, didn't seem to make sense to raise it another penny ... that's what I did, bought 20 books of the "Forever" stamps ~ they're not the cutest but that should last me a little while!

^^ exactly.

i dont use many stamps, so i just buy frist class stamps so i never have to deal with this.

sucks for anyone who has a buncha 41 cent stamps.. go out and get a bajillion 1 cent stamps!!

but i mean not very many people are using stamps now a days.. you know with e-mail, online payments and whatever. its not a general necessity (for me atleast)

We're only buying first-class stamps from now on. We finally used up the last of our 39 and 41 cent stamps and I bought a bunch of first-class stamps the other day. It's the only way to go...

I didn't even know they made forever stamps. Darn. I just bought a new sheet of cute Disney 41 cent stamps too. They're oversized stamps, so they'll look funny next to the regular sized 1cent stamps.