Urgent Poll - Should I buy the Shoulder Kelly Blue Jean in Clemence ?????

Should I get buy the Shoulder Kelly now?

• Yes , get it now

• No, too expensive in Hong Kong. Get it in Europe later.

• No, don't buy it at all. I don't like the Shoulder Kelly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 2, 2007
My SA in Hermes HK has put on hold the new Shoulder Kelly in Blue Jean color, clemence for me until tomorrow. I have tried it on in the shop today but I am undecided whether I should get it. I mean it looks nice in the color and very chic. Surprisingly it's very light and I like it.

The only thing that stops me from immediately bring it back home is the price. It's HK$71,000 (around US$8,900). To be honest, I think it is quite expensive. I don't mine spend that kind of money on another birkin ( I already have 2 birkins in 30cm) but somehow a bit hesitate whether the shoulder kelly will be another classic bag to last for long.

TPFers, do you know how much it costs in Paris or Europe? If there is a huge price difference, may be I should wait and get it in Europe instead? Thought the shoulder kelly would probably not as difficult to get as the birkin?

If you are having even the slightest doubts then you shouldn't do it, it's too much money to not be 100%

As for buying in Europe it should be cheaper dependent on the exchange rate and you will also get your tax refund

I haven't seen a shoulder Kelly yet

I love the bag but it's just that I think the price in Hong Kong is too expensive! I will buy it if it's only around US$7,500 or 6,000 Euro. Anyone knows the pricing in US or Europe?

If you love it, get it, unless you are sure you will be able to get it outside HK.

But with that price from Hong Kong, it's not worth it. That's my struggle. Also I think the Shoulder Kelly would be relatively easy to get so may be I should wait and not buying on an impulse?

Attachments

• Shoulder Kelly.jpg
    Shoulder Kelly.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 860
Last edited:
Sounds like you should take your time to think it through first. You have to really love the color & style, it is a substantial amount of money to spend on something you are unsure of.

I personally don't like the Shoulder Kelly or even the Shoulder Birkin on me. However, since you love the bag, you should probably buy it. Shoulder Kellys are not as common as normal Kellys, for example, and no telling whether you can find it in BJ, even if you do find one in Europe. HK prices are not really that far off from US prices, since there is no tax. Sorry can't help you with the price in Europe, because I was not interested in the one I tried on at FSH.

I personally don't like the Shoulder Kelly or even the Shoulder Birkin on me. However, since you love the bag, you should probably buy it. Shoulder Kellys are not as common as normal Kellys, for example, and no telling whether you can find it in BJ, even if you do find one in Europe. HK prices are not really that far off from US prices, since there is no tax. Sorry can't help you with the price in Europe, because I was not interested in the one I tried on at FSH.

I don't mind getting it in other colors like Etoupe, Gris T or Vert Anis if it means there is a price difference of 15% between Hong Kong and Europe. This is the price gap so far as I know about the birkin pricing.

I agree with those discouraging you if you are not 100% sold. I paid a large sum for an H bag I thought I liked (another new style), and now am having trouble selling it because people who will pay that much would just assume purchase a BIRKIN or traditional KELLY and not one of the new styles that have yet to prove themselves in the market.