Urgent: open toe D'Orsay advice

vhdos

May 18, 2007
Hi. I did a search and couldn't find much info on the D'Orsay styles. I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of open toe (meaning there is about a one-inch thick strap that goes around the toe/top of the foot area) D'Orsays. I've never tried on the D'Orsay style in person, so I need advice on the comfort level. Are they comfortable? Do you have trouble keeping them on your feet? Any other words of advice?
Thanks!

Hi vhdos, I personally slip right out of CL's D'Orsay styles... IMHO, I think the heel piece is too short to truly grasp onto a heel enough to feel 'secure'. A lot of ladies love the Madame Claude (which is a D'Orsay)... perhaps check out the sizing thread?

I think Manolo Blahnik has a corner on the D'Orsay market....

Thanks for the response Bella. I did check the sizing thread and didn't have much luck there either. Ack! I don't know what to do. It's such a gorgeous shoe, but a bit risky.

I know the pasamule wedge (sp?) is an easy d'orsay and if you are able to try them with a footpetals heel grip, maybe?

Knowing the style might help...

vhdos - i have the joli noeud, gino, triclo and city. in terms of comfort, except for the city, the pitch is more "steep". i feel like i'm wearing the décolleté.

i don't find that it falls off more, but in terms of sizing, my true CL size (half size up from US size. i'm a 38 in simples) worked best for me. the ones where i went to 38.5 (based on my NP size) are loose and need either a heel pad or insoles to make it work.

don't know if you checked this thread or not.. good luck!

http://forum.purseblog.com/louboutin-reference-library/post-photos-of-your-d-orsays-here-396354.html

Thanks phiphi. Yes, I checked out the D'Orsay photo/reference thread, but most of those were closed-toe style D'Orsays (or at least had more toe coverage than the ones I'm considering).

Quite a few TPFers have the passmule which is what you're looking at, so do a search for the name. IMO the open toe means they stay on easier because your foot is jammed in the toe (which has a higher vamp than a closed toe style). HTH