Urgent! need help with these off season Marc Jacobs suede platform pumps

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi everyone
    this afternoon, i came across these gorgeous MJ pumps in black (which i think are prettier than the ones on the pic, but it's all i could find on google images)
    theshoegoddess.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/marc-jacobs-suede-platform-pump-44000-netaporter.jpg
    cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/7a/0/AAAAAlDSdmYAAAAAAHoLFQ.jpg?v=1192434894000this is the peep toe version, but the ones i found are round toe.

They were half off, at about 210 or 220 €, which I think is an awesome deal!

Now, i have 3 questions for the people who tried/bought them:
    -What season are they from? not that it matters for the purchase, i just like to know that stuff
    -are they comfortable for day to day wear? the size 40 was too big, my foot kept sliding out, but the 39 1/2 were kinda pinching my toes a little. is it likely the shoe will ajust to my feet with wear?
    -does the suede material pose a problem? i live in marrakech, ie a place where rain is rare and happens between december and february, but i had an unpleasant experience with a pair of suede celine loafers (see my collection thread)

If i decided to get them, i'll go back tomorrow, so any quick help would really be greatly appreciated!
    TIA my friends :smile: :hugs:

2. Oooops! sorry just realised the images didn't work, let's try this again, shall we?

so here's the peep toe version, just to give a good image of the black colour [​IMG]

and here's the real model i'm considering, only it's not the real colour : [​IMG]

3. Now I can't really help with the actual shoes, but with regards to suade. I believe you can buy some suade protector which serves to waterproof the suade and should make them a little more durable in wet weather and helps to reduce possible staining. You can also get cleaners. I believe that kiwi makes some? I haven't had chance to try it myself yet as I've only just purchased my suade shoes and need to buy something for them. I think you could get away with wearing them in damp weather if you do protect them but I don't think I would risk them when it was chucking it down with rain!

edit: If you sized down and they're pinching try wearing them around the house with a thick pair of socks on for a few days. This is good when you're watching tv, surfing tpf or other household tasks. They should at least stretch a little, and this will allow your feet to become used to the shoes :smile:

4. Thanks Chromatopelma :smile: my mom is always telling me to do this wearing around the house trick, but i'm too lazy to do it ^^. But now that i heard it coming from someone else than my mom, i might give it a try :smile: