Urgent Nano Luggage question

Feb 25, 2013
Hi ladies,

Asking you for a piece of advice.

Question in short: to buy or not to buy a Souris Nano Luggage Céline? :smile:

I know it's all about personal preference, but still I want your opinion.

Details. I received a gift card in a department store that has Céline, the card expires soon. I decided I want a new bag in some light neutral color that I don't have to baby (I have several dark and bright colored bags from LV, Prada, Stella McCartney).
I am ready to spend no more than USD 2000 for a bag right now together with the gift card, this Nano will cost me about USD 1800 all in all (I'm not in the US). I prefer buying signature but not shouting designs: Alma and Neverfull in Epi, Prada Gauffre, etc.

We walked to the store with a friend of mine and I loved the Luggage Nano in Souris, my fiend also said it's great. It's very well made and I used to like the design since it was launched, however, I bought other bags then.
The stupid thing that bothers me is might this bag feel dated in a couple years or is it too late to go for it now? If yes, I'm not really sure if I see any alternatives for myself right now, as it's beautiful, good size, etc.

I see some skepticism regarding the Luggage design lately, but I don't really understand it. The bag did start sort of an era of this kind of designs, there are other more trendy bags now (not only trendier, but also even less classy), but not sure this makes it outdated as some people think? What do you think?

Please help with your kind opinions, thanks! :smile:

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Asking you for a piece of advice.

Question in short: to buy or not to buy a Souris Nano Luggage Céline? :smile:

I know it's all about personal preference, but still I want your opinion.

Please help with your kind opinions, thanks! :smile:

Hi there,
First of all buy only what you love
As for the luggage - i have one in Bordeaux - it is a unique yet timeless bag imho. I see myself carrying for years to come. Not a bag of the Moment which will Look dated soon, i believe. Of course you see nowadays lesser luggages than two or three years ago, but it is one of those bags which have potential to stay in ones collection.
Hth and good luck with your decision

Edit: was referring to the mini luggage - sorry. For the nano in the other hand i tend to believe that the mini bag trend will be over soon and will return in a few or more years maybe.
Again buy what you love and will use often regardless of trends!

I love my Célines. If your worried Souris is definitely a safe color choice. I'm also personally very fond of it. If you look at it this way....when has a black, grey, or tan bag, top hand or crossbody, ever gone out of style? Never. I think we'll get many many years out of our luggage totes!

The nano is a great bag, versatile especially when worn crossbody. I am waiting for the Kohl color, it's a beautiful grey. Attached is the micro size from the website but my SA says the nano size will also be available. Definitely buy what u love.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170224-203629.png
    Screenshot_20170224-203629.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 1,033
Reactions: Bunny_in_Love
The Kohl is truly beautiful! Wish they had it in silver hardware.
agree - if only they have the kohl with silver hardware!

to your question though - first do you love the look of the souris luggage every single time you see it? or do you sometimes go "ok this looks alright" and sometimes "this is a gorgeous bag!" if the answer to the first question is a resounding "yes!" then it's worth considering getting one. if the answer is yes to the second question, then i would suggest saving your money for something else you will love. with the gift card or not, USD 1800 is still a considerable amount to be spending on something you are half-minded about..

I have the nano in souris and I love it! The color is so neutral that you can wear it all year long. The style has been around for a while-2012? So I feel like the style has become the classic Celine. I actually think the nano is a perfect size and would disagree with the other commenter who said she thinks mini bags are going out of style. I actually don't think the nano is "mini size" and I think the larger bags and styles (big bags in general) is less versitle and can be more dated.

I also have the nano in souris and I love it. In my opinion, the style does not get dated because it has a classic silhouette and very functional. I often see other handbags with similar aesthetics to the luggage totes and still i am drawn to the Celine luggage.

Of course this really depends on how you feel about it. $1800 is not something to spend lightly. Good luck on your decision

Ladies, thank you for your kind thoughts! I got the Souris, hope we'll make friends with her :smile:

The color and build are really good. I tried it and the Black today to compare and just felt the difference (Black lovers, no offense - I love it too) - Souris is the proper color for this bag as for me :smile: now hoping not to get any color transfer with jeans.
As for the size, I do believe small bags will always be there, as they're simply comfortable.

I also read the story of the design, it's quite interesting that Nicolas Ghesquiere created bags similar to 1970 Luggage for Balenciaga in 2005.

Thanks again!

Reactions: pixel_munchkin