Urgent: micrograin calf vs soft grain

cobaltblue

O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
Has anyone got any experience on the durability of these leathers?

I have just ordered the Ballet Pink lily and I'm now starting to worry that perhaps this leather isn't as good as the Micrograin Calf and pondering if I should have gone for the oatmeal instead.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated (sorry for my post-purchase musings)

Last edited:
I think it is as good but it is just a different finish. It's a soft finish and I put off buying it for a long time for the same reasons you mentioned but I purchased one this spring because it is the only way I could get the color I wanted. Turns out, I love the finish and the look. Perhaps you will as well.

Thanks Izzy, it's arriving tomorrow so I will report back. I have also seen the other thread about colour transfer and that's put my mind at ease a little.

I think the colour and leather is absolutely gorgeous. It's so soft, I was concerned about colour transfer, hoping someone would dissuade me really. It's the first time I've been lusting after a Mulberry for a couple of years. I thought I was cured. I've also been thinking of ordering a blush one for comparison.

Can you post pics when she arrives I am also so very tempted. Where did you manage to get one from, they are mostly out of stock now? Is it the small or regular.

I think the colour and leather is absolutely gorgeous. It's so soft, I was concerned about colour transfer, hoping someone would dissuade me really. It's the first time I've been lusting after a Mulberry for a couple of years. I thought I was cured. I've also been thinking of ordering a blush one for comparison.

Can you post pics when she arrives I am also so very tempted. Where did you manage to get one from, they are mostly out of stock now? Is it the small or regular.

Yes of course! Are you looking for the regular or medium size? Both HoF and Selfridges in Birmingham had the small size on Friday when I went for a cheeky peruse after being on a course.

Mine is actually coming from Wheelers in Loughborough though as they had them in the sale. I phoned looking for the oatmeal and the lady said they had the ballet pink so I changed my mind...hence the thread when I later say down to think about it.

Yes of course! Are you looking for the regular or medium size? Both HoF and Selfridges in Birmingham had the small size on Friday when I went for a cheeky peruse after being on a course.

Mine is actually coming from Wheelers in Loughborough though as they had them in the sale. I phoned looking for the oatmeal and the lady said they had the ballet pink so I changed my mind...hence the thread when I later say down to think about it.

I really wanted the regular but they don't seem to have gone into the sale anywhere. I tried one on in Bond Street but wouldn't dream of paying £950 :woot:There are a still a few of the small ones about left in the sale or I might order a med blush one from the Outlet.

They did have oatmeal on m.com last time I looked, may have been a return. Did you manage to get a further reduction?

Looking forward to seeing your pictures :tup:

Last edited:
I really wanted the regular but they don't seem to have gone into the sale anywhere. I tried one on in Bond Street but wouldn't dream of paying £950 :woot:There are a still a few of the small ones about left in the sale or I might order a med blush one from the Outlet.

They did have oatmeal on m.com last time I looked, may have been a return. Did you manage to get a further reduction?

Looking forward to seeing your pictures :tup:

Both the stores in Birmingham that had the regular did not have it in the sale, did it go in the sale on M.com? They were still £750 and I think only had the one in stock which wasn't even on display. No mention of them stocking the medium size though.

Mine from was the same price as the oatmeal (which they also had) so I ended up going with the ballet pink....but gosh it was a hard decision. Still not sure (until mine arrives) if I made the right call. I have seen pics of the oatmeal looking quite pink but in the lovely smooth leather and some pics of the ballet pink looking quite salmon-y. I keep telling myself that all online pictures look different and not to worry.

Both the stores in Birmingham that had the regular did not have it in the sale, did it go in the sale on M.com? They were still £750 and I think only had the one in stock which wasn't even on display. No mention of them stocking the medium size though.

Mine from was the same price as the oatmeal (which they also had) so I ended up going with the ballet pink....but gosh it was a hard decision. Still not sure (until mine arrives) if I made the right call. I have seen pics of the oatmeal looking quite pink but in the lovely smooth leather and some pics of the ballet pink looking quite salmon-y. I keep telling myself that all online pictures look different and not to worry.

The ballet pink definitely didn't go into the m.com sale, yet it did in all the concession stores. I guess because more of a seasonal colour and they didn't want to get stuck with it for the the winter. The willow, Bays and small Lily all came down about 30% and then I think some had extra reductions as it's the end of the sale.

I guess you won't know until it arrives. The ballet pink is definitely pink but subtle, I wouldn't say the Oatmeal is pink. I guess the Oatmeal is more of an all round colour unless it doesn't bother you using pale pink in the winter.

Can't you also order the Oatmeal, you would have at least 7 days to return one.

The ballet pink definitely didn't go into the m.com sale, yet it did in all the concession stores. I guess because more of a seasonal colour and they didn't want to get stuck with it for the the winter. The willow, Bays and small Lily all came down about 30% and then I think some had extra reductions as it's the end of the sale.

I guess you won't know until it arrives. The ballet pink is definitely pink but subtle, I wouldn't say the Oatmeal is pink. I guess the Oatmeal is more of an all round colour unless it doesn't bother you using pale pink in the winter.

Can't you also order the Oatmeal, you would have at least 7 days to return one.

The thought definitely crossed my mind but the look of horror on my husbands face shot down that idea...he worries I'd want to keep both.

If the ballet pink doesn't hit the mark then I'll definitely be trying to get the oatmeal to try, the one on the lily reference library is a lovely colour but I'm not sure how true to life that colour is either.

The ballet pink did not go on sale in the US either. I was disappointed. The oatmeal is a beautiful color and I think you will like both. I didn't think I would like the oatmeal but I did. It's a win/win situation.

The ballet pink did not go on sale in the US either. I was disappointed. The oatmeal is a beautiful color and I think you will like both. I didn't think I would like the oatmeal but I did. It's a win/win situation.

Do you have the oatmeal? I would love a pic of you do!

the DPD man has arrived...off to post a reveal under a slightly less random title!