urgent help needed please

spoofy

Mar 31, 2010
i bought a chloe paddington bag off ebay that was supposed to come with selfridges purchase receipt when i received the bag there was no receipt and it was a fake , i had refund from ebay as i opened a dispute , i left neg feeback saying "fake bag buy at your own risk" , i NOW know its a fake as it has the stitching on the handles pointing inwards , as its white it should have the edges in brown but the one i received didnt it has a "bal"l of leather at the base of the handles etc etc i know i should have done my homework before buying but too late now ,BUT HERES THE BIG THING i have now been summoned with a court case for slander for the neg feedback as she says its authentic , as the bag has been sent back to her the only proof i have to take to court is the ebay listing and pics on the listing , i'm frightened she will bring an authentic bag to court so please can as many people help me out as possible as if she does i need to prove her listing bag is FAKE , the listing can still be viewed on ebay and the item number is 270537455266 , i have tried to include the listing for you all to see hope i have done it right

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270537455266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

OMG. I can't believe this seller is actually taking you to court. I honestly don't know what to tell you? If you loose what will happen? That makes me never want to leave feedback. However what country are you in? It is not slander to tell the truth. Paypal backed you up so you have the proof that the deemed it to be fake as well. Good luck.

Make sure you print out the photos because the listing can disappear Also, any info you have that it's fake -- did you have it proven fake via TPF? While they're not experts in the courts mind, it shows good faith/foundation for your statement. Perhaps, there's an authentication site, you can submit the photos to? Further, the court isn't stupid, if she does a bait and switch and the photos show a different bag, make sure you note the details so you can immediately point out from the photos it's a different bag.

^good call on the bait and switch--definitely take precautions as mentioned OP

just because she wants to take you to court doesn't mean she already won!

she is so silly with just a bit too much time on her hands. she thinks cos she has a receipt she can pull a fast one but in cases like these they'd probably have an expert of chloe bags to verify whether it is real or fake before determining whose right in the case.

i wouldn't sweat it-- though it sucks to have to take time off of work to be there. some would countersue for lost wages, etc and sometimes they win............

i have been summoned to court for SLANDER for leaving neg feedack on ebay i received a fake chloe paddington bag and that was supposed to come with receipt (i never had the receipt and discovered it was a fake as i am new to the paddingtons) i sent it back and won dispute through ebay had full refund but seller says its AUTHENTIC so now i have to go to court and I have to prove its a fake , being as she has the bag back i'm frightened she will bring an authentic one with her so i have to prove the listing and pics on the listing is a fake (i now know it is as there is a "ball" of leather where handles join , piping on handles point inwards , no brown leather trim on the bag ITS A WHITE BAG etc , i need as much help as i can to prove the ebay bag is a fake it can still be viewed on ebay and the ebay item number is 270537455266 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270537455266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

PLEASE HELP

Gee... the seller must be crazy. I'm sorry that you have to deal with a nuts case. I'm not an expert (far from it) but as a someone who has owned some paddies can tell the bag is fake by the listing photos only. What a wasting money and time. Cambridge graduate should know better.
Maybe you can contact Fakespotters.com?

thanks for all your support , yes i have printed out all pics as i know the listing on ebay goes after a while , i have this week paid a reasonable price for a GENUINE one (i should have smelt a rat at the price is paid for the fake one ) what a difference in bags , can people check out the listing and let me know if i can prove its fake by the pics on the listing as this is what i have to take to court,
thanks again

I don't really have too much advice here but, she has other negatives. I'm not sure which one is yours but I see at least two so that's an additional one. Also that's an expensive bag, right? She was only selling it for 70 pounds so that right there is a huge, huge red flag!

This is obviousliy fake !
P.E. the "Chloé" stamp on the padlock is way too big...and the real thing never comes with this attached leather tag in the last picture.

Really sorry this has happened to you, spoofy. I take it that she has submitted a county court claim against you? Or have you had correspondance from her lawyer? I'm just a bit unsure of what shape and form the summons looks like? Are you able to give us a bit more detail, so that we can advise further?

I am so sorry, the bag in this listing is screamy fake. So don't worry, all the photo in this listing is good enough for proof. Calmly tell her that if she willing to go to the court... You're welcome her for that. She should worry not you. Telling her that you are contacting Chloe's rep as they could come to the court by your side. You're telling the truth!

Yes, the photo in this listing is fake.
The real one never came with sample leather tag.
She still had the round tag, it is good enough for you too.
The shape of the bag is comletely wrong.
I know the photo is blury but fake is fake.

You can bring few photo of authentic one, and your new bag to the court to make the compare.

You should come to Chloe thread for more advice and opinion.

Also, besides having a print out of the listing, you might want to have the photos enlarged so that the details can be easily pointed out.

You should report the seller to Ebay. Although she can bring suit, since any idiot can, Ebay can ban/bar her based on their contractual rights. Suing a member for leaving feedback in a case already decided by Ebay/Paypal, seems to qualify as abuse. At the very least, I don't think Ebay would like any negative press about an Ebay member being sued for leaving negative feedback. It will make buyer's less likely to buy and reduce Ebay profits (point that out to Ebay -- heaven knows they care about their bottom line),

ITA is this April Fools Joke??
i never heard of summon to court for this, usually ebay/paypal will require written proof from reputable/authorized personnel.