URGENT: Help Me Pick My First Designer Handbag!

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
Greetings!!

This morning my husband said I could get my first designer handbag :yahoo:! He didn't give me a price restriction but I don't want to go over $3000...

I want something that "looks" like a designer handbag but doesn't have logos all over the place... leather for sure... and preferably in the tan/brown family or gray...

This may be my one and only for a while so I would like something I can wear all of the time with everything and it speaks for itself :graucho:! My mom has the most incredible Burberry coat and she can wear it with old faded sweats and still look hot! I want a bag with that kind of power :woohoo:... :smile:

I've been looking at the Prada fall handbags :heart:... and some Marc Jacobs handbags :heart:... but I'm having a hard time deciding :girlsigh:...

Help!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm from California (San Francisco by way of Los Angeles) but just relocated to CHICAGO... Does anyone know of places to find great handbags in Chicago?

How exciting for you! Before you buy, spend some time in each designer bag's forum. If you don't want logos, be sure and check out Balenciaga and Prada - those and Chanel are my favorites. Have fun!!!

Hi Sep,
Me too am looking to buy my 1st designer bag, and seems like we have the same "requirements". Just to help you started, I've narrowed my choices down to :
1) Balenciaga City
2) YSL Downtown
3) Prada Vernice Bowler

Although I wish I could get them all...

Hi Sep!

Wow, I wish I had a hubby as nice as you ;) (Although saying that he did buy me a pair of Choo's for my birthday a year or two back so I can't really complain!!!).

As I'm English I do have a penchant for Mulberry - and they've just launched their early Spring/Summer 08 collection so you can actually be ahead of the pack instead of with it buying an Autumn/Winter 07 style. I would go for the Agyness in Gunmetal or Chocolate - they're LOVELY!!

Failing that - a YSL Downtown will always do the trick.

Don't forget to give pictures once you've purchased!!!

I own more than 80 handbags, many of which qualify as "designer" bags. My favorite is the Chanel Classic jumbo flap bag. Mine is in black, with the gold tone metal reverse "C" logo in front, and the gold tone metal straps interwoven with black leather. It is the classiest, most elegant handbag I have ever seen or owned, and I have received many compliments on it. I have worn it so much, I am seriously considering buying another.