Urban Decay Primer Potion doesn't work for me...

sparklythings

Jun 18, 2009
I've been hearing, left and right, that its the best eyeshadow primer out there. People even deal with the unfortunate bottle design to use the primer.

But, this does nothing for me! I feel that its too smooth that when I apply the eyeshadow, it doesn't "adhere" to the skin. There isn't any creasing on the lid, but it seems that the eyeshadow just blows off in the wind. Is there something wrong with my bottle? Or is it just me? I need a good primer! :Push:

maybe its your eyeshadow? what do you use.

Im shocked at your results because the UDPP was the best thing that has ever happened to me. At the end of the day, all my other makeup has worn out but my eyeshadow has stayed in tact!

I too have tried UD's primer potion and it's just okay. I find that there isn't enough product in the bottle to justify the price. It might be pricier, but try Chanel's Base Ombre a Paupieres Professional eye shadow base. It comes in various colors. I love it and it lasts a long time. Go to makeupalley.com and see reviews on other eyeshadow primers. You might have to go through a few to find what works for you. Good luck!

Try Too Faced's Shadow Insurance! For years, I used UDPP but then I decided to try Too Faced's Shadow Insurance because you can actually get all the product out of the tube. I ended up being a convert to TF's primer because I felt it was better in terms of consistency of the primer and making my eye makeup last.

Another vote for TFSI. I actually have both in my makeup bag, but prefer TFSI. UDPP is a little to dry and tacky feeling for me sometimes, although it does help lockdown the UD glittery e/s. Try the TFSI, its totally different feeling and has better results.

I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance or MAC paint pot in Painterly. I have tried Urban Decay Primer Potion, and I remember not liking it very much because my eyeshadow creased really quickly for some reason.

I have oily eyelids and UDPP works for me. Bare Escentuals does nothing for me. I thought it was a waste of time for me to use it.
I have however switched to Laura Mercier's Eye Basics in Wheat. This is my new primer! It is creaseless, has staying power and I can finally wear blue eyeshadow without it turning teal!

maybe its your eyeshadow? what do you use.

Im shocked at your results because the UDPP was the best thing that has ever happened to me. At the end of the day, all my other makeup has worn out but my eyeshadow has stayed in tact!

I use a mixture of brands all at one time haha... So, it would be would be difficult to pinpoint which eyeshadow isn't working. mac, chanel, nars, lancome, estee lauder, etc...

I was shocked that it didn't work either... It was worse than my lancome primer that I bought on a whim.