Review Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

LeeMiller

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Review: I'm the only person in the universe who this did nothing for! I should prep that I have white skin with an olive/yellow undertone and darker eyes with my natural coloring - people think I'm wearing eyeshadow when I'm not. I have a very hard time getting eyeshadows to show up or stay on during the day. Tried this product and didn't notice a difference from my usual look. (I will review a MAC product that I have been using and getting good results from, but I don't remember the name right now).

Would I purchase it Again: No, not for me.

Price: $22

This is the only primer I've ever bought and I really love the texture, coloring, but not so much the container b/c it's hard to get it out as you continue to use it up. However, I think I saw that they've redesigned it to be a tube, which makes this so much better. I'd definitely recommend this.

As an aside, even though MAC paint pots aren't really primers, I sometimes use them as such, e.g. painterly. Not bad if you're out of primer.

Primer Potion is the best in my opinion. I tried MAC's paint pots and shadesticks and they would make my eyeshadow crease. I don't have oily skin at all. As a matter of fact, I have dry skin and always need to moisturize so the primer potion is a plus and a must have fo me.

The farthest I have gotten with this is leaving a swatch on the back of my hand to see how it would hold up while I continued shopping. I have to say, though it is supposed to leave your shadow creaseless, this sank into the little lines crisscrossing my dermis. Also, it seemed to look a little cakey.

I haven't ruled it completely out, though.

I have slightly oily eyelids and for me, UDPP worked better than MAC's Prep+Prime eyeshadow base. A little goes a long way for sure. However, I have recently discovered that my HG sunscreen (Shiseido Spf 55) used on the eyelids provided superior results compared to the UDPP. My eyeshadow stayed intense longer and did NOT crease all day.

Total bust on me too. I have very fair skin and b/c of that the veins on my eyelids really show up. I need an opaque base before I start my e/s, and this was too sticky and did nothing to help.

MAC paint pots are better for me...

I love it. Makes my eyeshadow go on more intense and stay longer even though I have oily skin. The packaging is not that bad, as it makes the product dry out slower. I'd repurchase if I have the chance to

I gave into the hype and bought this last week, and have worn it twice since then, for several hours (8+). First impression before use: I absolutely loathe the childish packaging (though I do understand the logic of having a curvy bottle so that the product at the top doesn't dry up so quickly). Second impression, after a few uses: this product works very, very well on me, far better than MAC Paint Pots, in fact...I favor bright shadows and this kept the colors true and crease-free the entire day/night, despite my skin composition, which tends toward oily.

I definitely will repurchase...and hope that they come up with more adult packaging in the meantime. ;)

This is the only primer I've ever bought and I really love the texture, coloring, but not so much the container b/c it's hard to get it out as you continue to use it up. However, I think I saw that they've redesigned it to be a tube, which makes this so much better. I'd definitely recommend this.

As an aside, even though MAC paint pots aren't really primers, I sometimes use them as such, e.g. painterly. Not bad if you're out of primer.

I have never used this but was thinking of purchasing..

I also use MAC Painterly as a primer sometimes as well;)