Uptown Astor Leather Tote

kinsale

Dec 11, 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy an Uptown Astor Leather Tote for my wife. There is an outlet about an hour from where I work that has it but only in Vanilla which I don't think my wife would like. Their price was $180 which is a lot better than $450 like I see elsewhere.

Where else can I look for this bag? I'm thinking in black or the gunmetal.

BTW is the Uptown Astor Satchel similar but smaller? Would it have the same size strap?

Hope you all can help me out.

Hi. I don't know about the sizing or strap on the satchel as compared to the tote, but hopefully someone else here will.
Anyway, I bought my Uptown Astor Shoulder Tote from Macy's and starting tomorrow they have 25% off for their "friends and family" sale. It's not as low as the $180 you found at the outlet, but it's 25% off of $448 and they had all the colors at my local Macy's to choose from.
Hope this helps and good luck!

thanks for the tip. I'm not as shopping savvy in this area :smile: My question got a lot of views but you were the only one to answer so, thank you very much.
Is the 25% for everyone? What does "friends and family" mean?

Here's a Macy's coupon you can use online or in the store: http://www.macys.com/campaign/friendsFamily.jsp

Friends and Family is just a 25% promotional sale that Macy's does twice a year. They normally send out coupons to people with Macy's cards, but anyone can use it, even without a Macy's card.

As an FYI, I opened a Macy's credit account one year during the Friends and Family, and I ended up getting 25% off the bag with the coupon plus another 20% off the discounted price for opening a card. As long as you pay it off before the crazy interest hits, it can be a good way to get an amazing deal, but I don't know if they still do the extra 20% off with a new card.

Here's the link to the Uptown Astor Shoulder Tote orig $448 at Macy's. They have black, gunmetal, and nickel.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produ...TRA_PARAMETER=BAG&PseudoCat=ba-xx-xx-xx.index

Then in the shopping cart put in the promo code
macysfriend

And it will go down to $336 and free shipping.

Plus, like michellejy said, if you sign up for a Macy's charge card you can get the extra percent off for online orders too. You may have to call a customer service rep to get the extra percent for the charge card opening though for an online order, I'm not sure cuz it's been years since I opened my card for the xtra discount.

Last edited:
I would definitely try Macys. I seem to get great deals there. Don't forget about shopping on line too at Macys.com, they also have great prices on handbags.
Good Luck!