Upset about change to Saks First gift cards

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I received my Saks First gift card in the mail today and it was MUCH lower than in previous years. One reason that it's lower is because they are distributing the cards in $25 increments. However, they are rounding DOWN. For example, if you earned 9,800 points, instead of getting a $98 gift card like in previous years, you will get $75. There are a few other issues that I have with the way that my points are being calculated and the lack of transparency about the points. I just got off the phone with a representative and that was just a frustrating experience. I guess I'll be sticking to my AmEx from now on.

Mine has always been issued in $25 increments. So if you don't hit the next one, you lose those points.

This means every December I have to watch some spending and use that for more everyday purchases to ensure I don't miss out on say $23 i earned because I didn't hit the even $25.

Sorry it happened to you, but its not a new thing.

Mine has always been issued in $25 increments. So if you don't hit the next one, you lose those points.

This means every December I have to watch some spending and use that for more everyday purchases to ensure I don't miss out on say $23 i earned because I didn't hit the even $25.

Sorry it happened to you, but its not a new thing.

My gift card last year was $322... I am looking at the card it came on now. In the past, you had to take them in $25 increments if you wanted to redeem them during the year. I have always waited until they sent it to me, so it's always been a random number.