Upscale consignment shop-bag markdowns

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. they have great prices!

3. Thanks for posting! Are they pretty good at identifying authentic merchandise?

4. Seems some of their prices are a little high... Veeeerrry old Marc Jacobs bags for $500... still, fun to poke through the site, thanks for posting.

5. I agree that some of these prices are high for used goods. Great prices for new though but I don't pay anything over 30% of original cost for consigned goods.

6. Hey guys, be careful with authenticity here. I once purchased a fake Balenciaga from them. I don't think they do it on purpose, they're probably just not great at authenticating some brands. Regardless, they were very nice about accepting my return. Just a heads up!

7. I'd be very careful to be sure there is a return policy you can live with, before buying without actually seeing anything. At first look, something doesn't feel right about quite a few bags on the photos, especially some Pradas which look suspiciously like NY street vendor bags.

There is a an upscale consignment store in Southampton, NY that sells real - and fake - Hermes and Chanel bags. You have to look at them carefully and feel the leather to tell the difference. I got all excited about a charming, small Chanel bag for about $500 until I realized it was a fake. The store represents everything as genuine, too. Buyer beware.

8. Can you go right to the store, too? Is it worth a trip? I may be heading into town next week, anyway, to use a Saks giftcard... :smile:

9. They seem okay at authenticating- but obviously you have to use caution with any resale handbag. The store is really cute- they have TONS of stuff. I don't find the owners particularly friendly however. If you sign up for the email list, they occasionally have specials when you get 20% off an online purchase. If anyone makes the trip to Wellesley, MA, there is another resale shop around the corner called Second Time Around- I got a Dior Mini Gaucho there last weekend for $160 because they were having a 50% off sale!