Upscale consignment shop-bag markdowns

Dec 29, 2008
Seems some of their prices are a little high... Veeeerrry old Marc Jacobs bags for $500... still, fun to poke through the site, thanks for posting.

LulaMaeBarnes

Jul 4, 2008
US
I agree that some of these prices are high for used goods. Great prices for new though but I don't pay anything over 30% of original cost for consigned goods.

glitterglo

O.G.
Jul 12, 2007
Hey guys, be careful with authenticity here. I once purchased a fake Balenciaga from them. I don't think they do it on purpose, they're probably just not great at authenticating some brands. Regardless, they were very nice about accepting my return. Just a heads up!

sunnyflies

Nov 14, 2006
near the ocean, NY
I'd be very careful to be sure there is a return policy you can live with, before buying without actually seeing anything. At first look, something doesn't feel right about quite a few bags on the photos, especially some Pradas which look suspiciously like NY street vendor bags.

There is a an upscale consignment store in Southampton, NY that sells real - and fake - Hermes and Chanel bags. You have to look at them carefully and feel the leather to tell the difference. I got all excited about a charming, small Chanel bag for about $500 until I realized it was a fake. The store represents everything as genuine, too. Buyer beware.

KPCoppola

never pay retail
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Massachusetts
They seem okay at authenticating- but obviously you have to use caution with any resale handbag. The store is really cute- they have TONS of stuff. I don't find the owners particularly friendly however. If you sign up for the email list, they occasionally have specials when you get 20% off an online purchase. If anyone makes the trip to Wellesley, MA, there is another resale shop around the corner called Second Time Around- I got a Dior Mini Gaucho there last weekend for $160 because they were having a 50% off sale!