UPS says they attempted delivery, but no one rang! GAH!

JetSetGo!

Suiting up and showing up
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
My husband stayed home today to sign for our new iPhones. I just checked UPS and it says they attempted delivery 20 minutes ago. My husband was home the whole time, and no attempt at reaching him was made.

Now I'm on forever-musack-hold with UPS trying to figure out if we can push for another attempt today or pick up at the dispatch.

We leave town on Tuesday and I really wanted to get my new phone sorted and updated over the weekend.

GAH!!!!!

I just had this happen today. My fiancé has been home all day, instructed that my important package was coming today so be on the lookout. my postman supposedly 'attempted delivery' of the chanel wallet/iPhone case that I ordered at 10AM. I know for a FACT my fiancé was in the house. He said he didn't hear any knocking all day. WTF.

I just had this happen today. My fiancé has been home all day, instructed that my important package was coming today so be on the lookout. my postman supposedly 'attempted delivery' of the chanel wallet/iPhone case that I ordered at 10AM. I know for a FACT my fiancé was in the house. He said he didn't hear any knocking all day. WTF.

It's so frustrating!

We have arranged to pick them up tonight from dispatch. I'm waiting for a call back to confirm.

I am unreasonably annoyed.

Pshhhhhh it's not unreasonable at all. They have to know people are waiting with bated breath for their iPhones especially. Why can't they just knock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was one time I saw on the tracking my package was out for delivery so I was stalking my mailbox. The guy came to my door and was placing a note in the crack when I opened the door to collect my package. He never would have knocked!!!! I don't get it. I totally commiserate with you dear :sad::sad: and hope it works out so you can pick them up!

Pshhhhhh it's not unreasonable at all. They have to know people are waiting with bated breath for their iPhones especially. Why can't they just knock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was one time I saw on the tracking my package was out for delivery so I was stalking my mailbox. The guy came to my door and was placing a note in the crack when I opened the door to collect my package. He never would have knocked!!!! I don't get it. I totally commiserate with you dear :sad::sad: and hope it works out so you can pick them up!

One needs to put a note on the door... I'M HOME JUST RING THE BELL

ups is so careless at times

Hahahaha!

Thanks for understanding. I've arranged for us to pick them up tonight from UPS, but seriously.... WTF??

Same here! It is so frustrating that UPS/Fed Ex etc wont knock. If no signature confirmation, they leave the package which I am usually fine with. If I know a signature is required, I have resorted to putting a sign on the screen door that says "please knock" and cracking the front door a bit. It is ridiculous.

Same here - they never attempt to knock/ring/call etc. I'm usually online tracking it, so I know the minute it arrives, but when I don't, there's never any kind of notice and it's really frustrating - especially when you're home waiting. And even more so if it's signature required!

I had a really bad couple of months with UPS where they claimed to have left packages at my concierge when actually they left it at their warehouse, causing me to drive 30min each way to go pick it up. This was after I had them attempt delivery a second time for each instance. I now use only Fedex.

I think this has become a trend! Our (now retired) UPS guy was amazing. The replacements have been the no-knock / half-hearted delivery attempts. I swear they don't even get near the door because I have nosy, noisy terriers who bark if a leaf blows by. They'd bark for a knock for sure.

The same thing just happened to me yesterday with DHL, stayed home the entire day to wait for the package, went out at night and saw the sticker on the door.. Really hate when this happens, like I actually have better things to do than stay at home to wait for the delivery guy, so they could at least knock/ring the bell whatever.. Haha sorry for the rant, still really fed up:biggrin: