UPS driver forged my signature for MCM package

kikibay

Jun 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm in a situation that needs your guidance.

I placed an order on MCM website last Tuesday. I received a shipping confirmation email from them on Wednesday. However, it has no tracking number and carrier information. I naively thought they would update me in another email because when I check the order status on their website, it says the order is "processing".

And on Friday, I decided to send them an email. There was no response and when I finally decided to call this morning, I was told that the package was delivered on Friday afternoon.

The thing is that no one was home and I didn't come home from work until 5:30PM. MCM representative basically told me there is nothing she could assist and my best bet is to contact UPS myself to file a complaint. She said that it was signed by "me" and they are NOT responsible for anything.

Thanks god, I have four surveillance camera at my building and right after I got off the phone with the "representative", I checked the record.

The UPS driver came to the door at 1:58PM instead of 1:36 as shown on UPS tracking page. He rang the bell, opened the door without consent, scanned the package, dropped it off and left!

I called back to MCM again and the second representative was willing to file an UPS investigation for me, but she informed me there is no promise for anything.

I'm so lost now and don't know what to do. I have the video copied on my phone and if the situation goes bad, do you think it will help me in anyway defending myself?

Thank you.

xoxo

Sorry.. I'm a bit lost. Did you receive the package or not? You said the video showed the UPS driver leaving the package. Was it stolen later? If so, by whom (since you have surveillance).

Sorry.. I'm a bit lost. Did you receive the package or not? You said the video showed the UPS driver leaving the package. Was it stolen later? If so, by whom (since you have surveillance).

Hi:smile:

No, I still haven't received anything (package nor response from MCM and UPS).

I was under the impression that the package was about to be shipped, because on Friday night and Saturday, we had a huge snowstorm. I thought they have decided to wait until this week to send out the package. I was just curious to call in this today.

My surveillance camera didn't show anyone taking the package out of the building until 4:30PM. Because after 4:30pm, it started to get dark and snowy and the front door camera has no red lights to see in the dark.

I just can't understand how UPS could have my "signature" when no one answered door and he just left the package inside an unlocked door?!

UPS is notorious for this. I had THREE packages stolen around Christmas time. Ups dropped off 3 packages at my doorstep, forged my signature & even put down on their record that they "met customer woman". I was livid!!!!!!! The packages got stolen from my doorstep and I contacted ups immediately when i got home from work because I originally thought they dropped it off at the wrong house because I didn't see it at my doorstep. After a long battle I finally won my case and the company refunded me the money. I think the only reason I won my case was because they told me around Christmas time they have such high volume of packages that its common for them to just drop it off at the doorstep and even lying the system and tagging it as "meeting customer". I just couldn't believe the guy actually told me that information. So basically because they are busy they can be irresponsible about our items that we spent money on? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I refuse to use ups now.

Anyway- since there's a record of it then I think that if this were to happen again with ups they won't refund me anything. What's funny is a month prior I lost a package from ups because they delivered it to the wrong house. Luckily my sweet neighbor (in a completely different building) came and gave it to me. I no longer use UPS because of this reason. FedEx seems a lot more responsible in my experience. I just don't trust ups at all!!!

I hope everything works out for you!!

Another horror story to add about UPS. I live in a neighborhood with large lots, 1-3 acres. During Christmas, neighbors weren't able to find packages that had been delivered. They were delivered, just not left by the front doors. They found their packages at the end of their driveways by the street, behind bushes and rocks. AFTER they had gotten rained on. UPS drivers were too lazy to even walk to the front door. Unbelievable!

Same here. Mid December. Louis Vuitton. I kept trying to reschedule the delivery to a local UPS store as I wouldn't be home to sign for it. 5 different answers from 5 different reps at UPS and LV. Told time and time again they could not change it for security and not to worry as there was no possible way the package would be left without my signature. And, of course, the package was left without my signature. I got it thank goodness but super inconvenient, all for my security and then it was just left. :nono:

I am so sorry this happened, I hope you get your money back or the item you ordered. I have had UPS leave my package on top of my car on our gravel drive way, we live in a rural area. I also had them leave it at my mail box on the ground, the mail box is way far from the house. They have also left my packages at a neighbor's house, fortunately my neighbor is a police officer and is very honest. Did you try to speak with someone in upper management and maybe you can send them a copy of the surveillance. Good Luck!

Have you heard back from MCM? It is not your job to hunt down UPS for your package. If you paid with credit card, I would suggest you to contact your CC company for help.
It happened to me before. FedEx lost my package with 3 new phones, said it was delivered to a house member (which was not true, my brother's signature was fake, since he was at work). Luckily my phone company investigated and replaced the order.
Good luck!

I've had so many bad experiences with uls that I too try to avoid it. But what can you do when the seller/company doesn't offer you a choice of shipping?
Hope you'll get your money back soon!

Hi guys, I would like to give you all an update.

I am still struggling with MCM and UPS. Basically, every time I call MCM customer service, they would tell me that the UPS case is on-going and there is nothing they could do about it. And an UPS agent would reach out to me for details. That has never happened and it has been more than a month (they initially told me it would take 10 business day).

I was fed up yesterday and decided to call UPS myself, only to find out that my case was closed because they say "I signed it". I immediately requested the case to be re-open because I have solid proof that I was not present at the time of "delivery" and a video footage showing the delivery man trespassing my apartment building and left the package without anyone accepting the delivery. UPS says an agent is going to reach out to me soon. I sure hope so, I have been waiting for way too long

*fingers crossed, wish me luck*

Hi guys, I would like to give you all an update.

I am still struggling with MCM and UPS. Basically, every time I call MCM customer service, they would tell me that the UPS case is on-going and there is nothing they could do about it. And an UPS agent would reach out to me for details. That has never happened and it has been more than a month (they initially told me it would take 10 business day).

I was fed up yesterday and decided to call UPS myself, only to find out that my case was closed because they say "I signed it". I immediately requested the case to be re-open because I have solid proof that I was not present at the time of "delivery" and a video footage showing the delivery man trespassing my apartment building and left the package without anyone accepting the delivery. UPS says an agent is going to reach out to me soon. I sure hope so, I have been waiting for way too long

*fingers crossed, wish me luck*

At this point I suggest you file a charge-back with your credit card company.

At this point I suggest you file a charge-back with your credit card company.

I just received a phone call from MCM. They informed me that there is nothing they could do about it because UPS has my signature. They didn't even bother to check for the surveillance footage I sent them because apparently, it is not part of their jobs.

I'm so pissed out right now and just filed a chargeback with my CC company. I'm just not sure if they are going to pull the "signed delivery" story with my CC company. I have no idea what to do right now. I have all my communication emails with MCM standby, as well as my surveillance footage and work schedule that proves I was at a meeting in manhattan.