UPS deliveries in UK

jelly-baby

O.G.
Feb 2, 2009
London, UK
Is anyone else having issues with LV deliveries done by UPS? I’ve had three in the last two weeks and they have not been proper UPS vans, just plain white vans so I’m assuming UPS have outsourced. However they are leaving the parcels on my doorstep and walking away without me coming to the door. Luckily I am WFH right now but id be concerned if I was not always home. I thought LV insist on packages not being left unless taken in by the recipient? The UPS tracker does not update it to ‘delivered‘ until about 3 days later so I’d have no idea if they’d left it and it got taken as the tracking would still show In Transit for some time after the delivery.

Bevvybabe

Jul 3, 2020
That’s a worry, I’ve just received an email to say my lovely new bag is on its way, I guess I’d better keep an eye out for it!

Reactions: jelly-baby

Emmav85

Jul 12, 2020
I had a delivery yesterday and it was the usual UPS van and same driver as normal. That’s really bad just to leave it on your door stop :sad: with Covid it feels delivery people have more options not to get signatures as they don't want you touching their keypad but they should deliver it to a person and take their name. It would make me nervous ordering if that happened to me :sad: x

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Is anyone else having issues with LV deliveries done by UPS? I’ve had three in the last two weeks and they have not been proper UPS vans, just plain white vans so I’m assuming UPS have outsourced. However they are leaving the parcels on my doorstep and walking away without me coming to the door. Luckily I am WFH right now but id be concerned if I was not always home. I thought LV insist on packages not being left unless taken in by the recipient? The UPS tracker does not update it to ‘delivered‘ until about 3 days later so I’d have no idea if they’d left it and it got taken as the tracking would still show In Transit for some time after the delivery.
YES.

Not LV (Georg Jensen) but UPS and in UK. Not even ringing the bell, left package in the porch and didn't look back. Text confirming delivery about an hour later. Totally the opposite of all instructions. Royal Mail did this too. Luckily, as I was expecting packages, I kept checking.