UPS 2nd day air taking 4 days?!

LoveMyMarc

♥'s MJ, RM, & LV
Jul 6, 2008
OK, so I ordered some stuff from Urban Outfitters on the 16th. It shipped out the 17th. I paid extra for 2nd day air from UPS which UO said it'd take 1-2 days to get. So, I look at my tracking and it says I won't get my package until the 21st! I think I'm going to call UO tomorrow because I think I should be getting it sooner! If I wanted to wait longer, I would have just stuck with the free shipping...

Does that make sense?! :shrugs:

actually when you check out and it gives you the option to pick which shipping method it clearly states business days. and also when you're dealing with any business that involves ordering or shipping you can pretty much assume that they work on a business days only schedule unless stated otherwise or if they use fedex to ship

They r on time...I just ordered from them recently....I also second day shipped as well.

On a side note,The UPS store is NOT guaranteeing delivery times around the holidays...i shipped something this week and there was a huge sign warning of delays

I'm having a similar problem, except that I ordered something on the 15th with 2 day delivery, and it wasn't even shipped until the 17th!! Which means that I'll be lucky if it comes tomorrow, since I can't ever remember if Saturday is considered a business day for fedex or not, but more than likely it'll come on Tuesday.

the 2 days shipping is still faster than regular mail though, which will take forever, esp with the holidays just around the corner.

They r on time...I just ordered from them recently....I also second day shipped as well.

On a side note,The UPS store is NOT guaranteeing delivery times around the holidays...i shipped something this week and there was a huge sign warning of delays

Agreed. They are on time. Also the time you place the order also comes into play. If I order something with expedited shipping, I always order by 12pm EST. 99% of the time they have always shipped the same day.

Ugh! If I would have known that, I would have just got the free shipping. :cursing:

But dont forget that had you gotten the free shipping it would have been ground and you also would have accounted for the weekend so if they are three days or 4 days from you ground then you would have tacked on another two days on account of the weekend.

In general though this is something that many people overlook and order premium shipping services when in fact they could get the same time in transit by ordering ground. It pays to know where its shipping from (a local little retailer thats easy) and decide based on that.

Also do they bump things up the queue as far as fulfillment when people order premium shipping services?

I'm having a similar problem, except that I ordered something on the 15th with 2 day delivery, and it wasn't even shipped until the 17th!! Which means that I'll be lucky if it comes tomorrow, since I can't ever remember if Saturday is considered a business day for fedex or not, but more than likely it'll come on Tuesday.

the 2 days shipping is still faster than regular mail though, which will take forever, esp with the holidays just around the corner.

saturday isnt business day for fedex but fedex has saturday delivery options

saturday isnt business day for fedex but fedex has saturday delivery options

Fedex Ground Often uses private contractors so you can get a FedEx home Delivery on Saturday even when you havent paid for it. (Should have come monday and was delivered Saturday. ) That being said if you didnt get it Saturday they arent gonna count it as a Day.

Fedex Ground Often uses private contractors so you can get a FedEx home Delivery on Saturday even when you havent paid for it. (Should have come monday and was delivered Saturday. ) That being said if you didnt get it Saturday they arent gonna count it as a Day.

yup i sometimes get usps packages on saturdays also but its not consistent so i like to think that saturday is its own option to be safe esp when informing others