upgraded T&Co diamond studs or Cartier love bracelet?

littlehomerun

Mar 29, 2010
I have two T&Co diamond pendants; 1.6 carat and 1 carat. I don't see the point of having two diamond pendants. They look very similar. I would like your opinions to pick one of the two plans.
1) Send 1 carat solitaire pendant back to T&Co to buy a matching 1-carat diamond. T&Co can make a pair of 2-carat earrings for me.
2) Buy a Cartier love bracelet with 10 small diamonds.

Ideally I would like both. With the budget restriction, I can only choose one option.

Your opinions are appreciated!

Attachments

• Pendant01-small.jpg
    Pendant01-small.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2,111
I like both diamond necklaces, because they may be both diamond pendants, but they are yet still different. But personally think the solitaire is nicer then the DBTY. Anyway, I would probably get the Cartier love.

Did I see you say in another thread that the DBTY pokes you when you wear it? If that is the case then you would likely not wear it too often. Can you trade that one in instead for $$ towards a pair of studs?

If that is not an option and you will continue to wear the DBTY then go for the Love bracelet.

I also think about changing the setting of DBTY to 4-prong setting. Tiffany will move my diamond from DBTY chain to the 4-prong setting chain. The diamond from the current 4-prong setting will turn an earring. I only need to buy 1-carat diamond from Tiffany to make a pair of earrings.
The diamond on the 4-prong is F VVS with 3X. That's why I expect to pay 15K for the next 1 carat with the same diamond quality. This new 1-carat diamond is the same price as the 10-diamond love bracelet.

Ohhhhh hard to choose both are such great options!!! I'd say if you don't have diamond studs already then that's such a staple, dare I say necessity (kidding of course) to every woman's wardrobe. I'm sure you will end up with both eventually but start with a gorgeous pair of studs. Just my opinion but you cant go wrong either way!!!

Ohhhhh hard to choose both are such great options!!! I'd say if you don't have diamond studs already then that's such a staple, dare I say necessity (kidding of course) to every woman's wardrobe. I'm sure you will end up with both eventually but start with a gorgeous pair of studs. Just my opinion but you cant go wrong either way!!!
I actually have a pair of T&Co diamond studs, but they are barely 1 carat. I am planning to give this pair to my daughter soon. That's why I am thinking about getting a new pair. I would love both the bracelet and the new studs. Thanks so much for saying that I would eventually have both. If I do, I will wear them everyday.

Do you have any Love bangles yet? There is one person here, beachy who wears a 10 diamond yellow gold Love and a plain gold Love together and it looks gorgeous, they compliment each other so well. It doesn't hurt that she has a yellow gold tank next to it also lol. So anyway, I know it sounds silly but my answer is dependent on if you already have a plain Love, bec. I think the pair together are exciting.

My mom just got 2cttw studs this year and they are gorgeous, so that's a tough choice. I would rather get a bracelet then earrings bec. you can see a bracelet but have to catch your reflection to personally enjoy your earrings.

Are you no matter what going to hold onto the 1ct T&co solitaire? If so I would wait on it and go for the Love. If you have to fund the Love using the 1ct solitaire then I'd go for the earrings. That is so sweet of you to give your daughter your earrings, generous mommy!

Candice0985 said:
hmmm. I would sell the dbty and buy non branded diamond studs and a cartier love bracelet!

I like this option! Didn't you have a love bracelet before or am I remembering incorrectly? If I had to pick I'd go with diamond studs over the love bracelet. I'm not thrilled with their new screw design and keep waiting for them to wake up and change it back.

hmmm. I would sell the dbty and buy non branded diamond studs and a cartier love bracelet!
+1

Selling whichever one you don't wear/want would put a little extra money in your pocket and then you won't have to pay such an extortionate price for a single diamond not even including the cost Tiffany would charge to make the earrings. There are amazing quality diamond stud earrings for a fraction of the price. The Love bracelet, for sure.

I like this option! Didn't you have a love bracelet before or am I remembering incorrectly? If I had to pick I'd go with diamond studs over the love bracelet. I'm not thrilled with their new screw design and keep waiting for them to wake up and change it back.
No, I have never had a love bracelet before. Could you please let me know more abt the new screw design? When did they change to the new design?

No, I have never had a love bracelet before. Could you please let me know more abt the new screw design? When did they change to the new design?

I have the older model (2 years old) and the two halves of the bracelet connect and hook together with two screws at opposite ends. The new one looks the same but the halves slide open and allow you slip off the bracelet without separating the halves, and the screws stay in. They changed about a year ago.