Upgrade My Makeup Brushes

jclaybo

Unbothered
Sep 5, 2013
Glad you posted this thread I am actually about to do a thread on the new Estee Lauder brush its absulutely fabulous I upgraded my brushes recently I used to uses Target brand then upgraded to Sonia Kusnik then Lancome, now I use a mix of brushes from MAC, to Lancome, to Sephora, to Estee Lauder, to Sonia Kushnik, and Bare Essentials.

foreverdcp

Jun 27, 2014
Personally, I find MAC brushes to be terrible quality and mine shed so often and I regret purchasing them :sad:
I really like using Urban Decay make-up brushes, Crown Brush, and Sephora brushes

pinkpeer

Jul 15, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've been through a lot of brushes and personally my most favorite is the Real Techniques brush. I use it to apply dior airflash and it goes on smoothly.

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I love IT Cosmetics blush and ball brush for powders. I have a lot of ecotools for others, and a mishmash of japonesque, nars and smashbox otherwise.

i*bella

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
ditto NARS brushes. I have the travel set and the quality is better than I expected.

I also have a double-ended Stila brush I really like (eyeliner/smudge) but it's old.

Apr 15, 2007
I just received the Chikuhodo Z1 which is just beyond words.

Besides the beauty of it, its a remarkably crafted tool & well worth the plunge, IMO

fendifemale

MCM is bae!
O.G.
Oct 10, 2005
texas
Tarte Airbrush brush/Sedona Lace/Sigma/IT cosmetics all are great brushes that don't break the pocket too much.

Samia

O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Bahrain
I have used most of the high end and expensive brushes but since I started using Real Technique ones I have touched anything else! I love the finish they give and are inexpensive

MyLuxuryDiary

Aug 28, 2013
I have 7 chanel makeup brushes. Powder, foundation, blush, 2 eyeshadow, eyebrow, stippling foundation I don't use them regularly because I wear makeup inly for special occasions but I bought them because I know they will last me for ever! When I was younger I had a mac blush brush that shed so much it was embarrassing I was picking hairs off my face the whole night..lol! I say get them they are expensive but worth the investment :smile:

panda83

Apr 17, 2008
i agree with the posters above. skip the chanel and invest in hakuhodo. there are some really reasonably priced brushes by hakuhodo.

berrydiva

Feb 26, 2012
Agreed on Japanese brushes...once you use them, you will wonder what you did without them.

Bdellium tools and Tom Ford makes nice brushes as well.

If you're not looking to spend that much. Real techniques, Sephora Smashbox, Nars brushes can get the job done.

KarlBear

Jan 25, 2009
Budapest
Don't waste your money on Chanel, there are much better brushes out there.

By the way, I think Tom Ford brushes are also made by the same manufacturer as Hakuhudo, in Japan

Fendi213

Aug 27, 2007
Another vote for Sigma, just as good if not better than MAC. I'd especially recommend all the eye brushes and the F80 flat top kabuki.