Upgrade Idea!!

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
Soooo.....I'm finally ready for upgrading my E-ring. Right now my ring is 3 stone, 2ct Radiant Center with 2 (.7ct) dream cut side stones in platinum. I want somewhere between 3-3.5ct stone this time. I LOVE the stones that sparkles, so even though I really like the look of the Asscher cut, it's out. Don't like Princess, Marquis, or Heart shape. Right now I'm in love with Cushion cut, but no jewelers around me carry Cushion cut stones, which makes me really hard to even think how Cushion may look on my fingers.....so maybe Round cut? I'm planning to set it on micro pave setting.....something delicate.
I attached some pics of the rings I really like (pics are from Pricescope). What do you all think? Any opinions of the cushion vs round cut? Any other shape you suggest? Any comments will be deeply appreciated!!:smile:

Attachments

• cushion1.JPG
    cushion1.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 443
  • cushion2.jpg
    cushion2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 372
  • round1.jpg
    round1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 339
  • round2.jpg
    round2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 361
more.....

Attachments

• oval1.jpg
    oval1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 201
  • cushion6.JPG
    cushion6.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 236
  • cushion5.JPG
    cushion5.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 287
  • cushion4.jpg
    cushion4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 231
  • cushion3.JPG
    cushion3.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 295
One jeweler I visited this evening happened to have 2ct cushion stone, and somehow shape didn't sing to me......it has a very similar look to my Radiant stone, obviously with rounder corners and top.....but overall look was similar. Probably because it was a modern cushion cut, most of the cushion cut stone I like is vintage cushion....which is even harder to come by with a spec I'm looking for.
Then, I saw a 3.25ct RB, which was quite a stunner and looked much bigger and really different compare to my current ring. So I'm leaning toward good old round brilliant cut.......store is bringing more round stones for me to look at so I'll see how I feel with them.

Swanky, I LOVE your ring!! Isn't it close to 4ctw? I'm not sure if I can pull off the size like that!! (I'm sure eventually 3ct will start shrinking again....damn you diamonds! they all shrink over time!!LOL)

I love a good, chunky cushion! Would you consider purchasing online?

I don't mind purchasing it online, but I want to see the diamond with the spec I want in person first at a local jeweler, then if they can't give me a competitive price I'll venture in to online....so I know what I'm getting.... I guess Round Brilliant is easier to search through online compare to cushion. I was told I really need to see the cushion cut stone in person to really see how the stone performs.

LOL! You can do it! :biggrin:
I was looking for a 3-3.25 ct when I found mine. I kept asking "is this too big?"
My finger size is small, 3.75, but I think it looks great. . . of course, LOL!
Can't wait to see what you choose! have fun!