Updated Resume - Immediate Help Needed!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hope this thread finds everyone safe and healthy!

I, like many others, have found myself unemployed during this pandemic. I'm in the process of updating my resume but need to know how to handle a company ownership change.

I was at "XYZ" company from December 2018 - July 2019 when the company was sold. I remained there under the new ownership from July 2019 - March 2020. How to I properly reflect that on a resume without putting the job twice?

Thanks in advance!

gelbergirl likes this.
  2. Hi, you can do one of two things. Either list it as two positions reflecting any change in the company name and the respective dates, or instead of breaking it into two date ranges have one listing, where you would put <current company name> and in brackets formerly xyz.

Hope that helps. Feel free to DM me if you need more in depth review of your CV. I am a hiring manager in my team (specifically in technology and design) if you need that perspective.

3. There's a few different ways. I put Current Company Name (known as Prior Company Name prior to such and such date). Best of luck in your search.

Hatfield1313 and sexycombover like this.
  4. Thank you!

leechiyong likes this.