Updated BV Website was coming soon and is here

I surfed around the new website and tried to watch Hands of the Artisan video, but after 5 minutes, it still didn't fully load and what loaded was choppy.

Also, I tried to use search and could not find "camp bed" Dang, kroquet!

Hoping it is not fully functional yet.

I did capture lots of swatches for the reference library and will work on updating that area today.

I'd still prefer if the site can show more pictures including the interior of individual bags and on a model or something to give us a feel of the size of the bags.

I was hoping they would add these features, too, aaa. Sorry to hear they haven't. Guess I'll mosey over and check it out. I hope the contrast is better than yesterday because it gave me a headache trying to read the print. (and I have a decent-size monitor)

p.s. checked it out and I think they no longer include the code for each bag. That's how I updated my color code list.

Last edited:
It is looking pretty good!
Please can someone tell me where the model with sunglasses is? LOL!
I want some of those crazy green shoes. And the pages with all the pink bags are beautiful!

OK, I am frustrated with the new website. I sent an email off to BV, and requested a reply, but I am insignificant. In case BV reads this thread this is what is frustrating me...

1. Interactive catalog is cumbersome to use. It use to have a description section with everything laid out. Now you have to click on an icon and go to a different page. Then back to the catalog. This is not good.
2. Item descriptions are vague. For example the Marcapunto Knot does not mention Marcapunto at all.
3. The codes from the descriptions are missing now.
4. No more catalog archives? Why?
5. Videos load slowly and are very choppy to watch no matter what computer/browser I use.
6. The index page does not have any information on how to contact BV, find stores, register, etc. This is buried in the site. And when you do get to it, the font is tiny.
7. Image gallery needs views of the inside of the bags/SLGs.
8. Too much reliance on Flash.
9. Step fades instead of smooth fades between images...this is distracting.
10. When the stories on the left advance (1-5), the title appears directly below in action language ex: "Explore Salon De Mobile 2010" But the title is not a live link so when you click on Explore, nothing happens. Then you have to go searching on the page to find a clickable link to get you to the right page.
11. When you are looking in the catalog and scroll to a later group of pages, then hit your back button, it takes you completely out of the catalog.

Complain much? :yes::shrugs:

I hope they are still working on it. It annoys me that I have to scroll right to see the entire page.
jburgh,referring to your #11, I finally figured out that instead of hitting the back button, if you scroll down there is a link that takes you back to the catalog pages that you were browsing. really dumb way to handle it. I think they need a new programmer!

I hope they are still working on it. It annoys me that I have to scroll right to see the entire page.
jburgh,referring to your #11, I finally figured out that instead of hitting the back button, if you scroll down there is a link that takes you back to the catalog pages that you were browsing. really dumb way to handle it. I think they need a new programmer!

^You said it all. jburgh. I sound like a complainer too, but I preferred the previous format. This one is inconvenient and leaves out important information.

I know I am whining about it. When I went to school for web design, there was a big emphasis on the customer component of the website...what people want, how to make it easy, and what users just do not put up with. There has been lots of research on website functionality, frustration, attention span, and ways to drive a customer away. And when a website incorporates e-commerce, people will put up with less waiting and aggravation. I see this is a problem with several luxury brand sites. BV is by far not the worst one, but they had an opportunity to read the research and conduct focus groups.